Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Fluid does not get lit
Hi,
My fluid in the scene does not get any lighting information. It looks very flat and out of place in the scene. Turning lights on or off has no effect on its appearance. I am also using Aura, if that makes any difference.

I would appreciate some help on this matter. I have tried adjusting the shaders but with no success.
Thanks.
(12-12-2018, 05:06 PM)razveck Wrote: Hi,
My fluid in the scene does not get any lighting information. It looks very flat and out of place in the scene. Turning lights on or off has no effect on its appearance. I am also using Aura, if that makes any difference.

I would appreciate some help on this matter. I have tried adjusting the shaders but with no success.
Thanks.

Hi,

The included fluid shaders only support one directional light. Obi uses screen-space ellipsoid splatting (which is state of the art for realtime fluid rendering), which will not work out of the box with other custom lightning solutions such as Aura.

cheers,
(13-12-2018, 05:14 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

The included fluid shaders only support one directional light. Obi uses screen-space ellipsoid splatting (which is state of the art for realtime fluid rendering), which will not work out of the box with other custom lightning solutions such as Aura.

cheers,

Thanks for the reply.
How would I go about changing it? I'm not sure I fully understand how all the different components come together. I added a lighting pass to the shader, but it had no effect. I would appreciate some pointers on this topic.

Cheers.
(17-12-2018, 11:44 AM)razveck Wrote: Thanks for the reply.
How would I go about changing it? I'm not sure I fully understand how all the different components come together. I added a lighting pass to the shader, but it had no effect. I would appreciate some pointers on this topic.

Cheers.

Hi there,

Take a look at this, it describes how the rendering system works in Obi. However you will need pretty in-depth shader knowledge in order to modify it.
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...ering.html
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...ering.html