Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  No LWRP compatible Materials
Hi, I'm running through the flag tutorial using the Lightweight Render Pipeline - we are using it for our VR application.
All Obi materials appear pink, is it possible to get LWRP compatible materials? (This is the backface material).
Or is Obi going to be updated for the LW & HD render pipelines?
(07-12-2018, 01:48 AM)nigelm Wrote: Hi, I'm running through the flag tutorial using the Lightweight Render Pipeline - we are using it for our VR application.
All Obi materials appear pink, is it possible to get LWRP compatible materials? (This is the backface material).
Or is Obi going to be updated for the LW & HD render pipelines?

Hi,

Those materials are simple back-face versions of the Standard material. You can use any material you'd like with your cloth meshes, these are provided just for convenience.

We will update Obi for the SRP in future updates by simply removing these materials from the project, as the SRP materials already support two-sidedness out of the box. There's no longer any need for them with LWRP or HDRP.
Converting the Obi shaders to LWRP versions seems to be fairly straight forward (this worked for me on the Obi Particle shader)
you'll just need to replace the tags from something like:
Tags {"Queue"="Geometry" "IgnoreProjector"="True" "RenderType"="Opaque" "LightMode" = "ForwardBase"}
To
Tags {"LightMode" = "LightweightForward" "RenderType" = "Opaque" "RenderPipeline" = "LightweightPipeline" "IgnoreProjector" = "True"}