Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ObiEmitterShapeImage
Can you explain how the ObiEmitterShapeImage class works? I thought that this component would take the shape of a 2d image (ie. coffee mug) and create an emitter shape based off it. When I tried to add this component, it didn't work properly (only one fluid drop came out).

Is there any downside to adding multiple emitter shapes to each emitter? Creating a custom emitter shape seems tricky (ie. lightning bolt shape, tree leaf).
(21-11-2018, 05:36 PM)p3gamer Wrote: Can you explain how the ObiEmitterShapeImage class works? I thought that this component would take the shape of a 2d image (ie. coffee mug) and create an emitter shape based off it. When I tried to add this component, it didn't work properly (only one fluid drop came out).

Is there any downside to adding multiple emitter shapes to each emitter? Creating a custom emitter shape seems tricky (ie. lightning bolt shape, tree leaf).

ObiEmitterShapeImage emits one particle per image pixel. Pixels with 0 alpha value are skipped.

Make sure you tell the shape which emitter it depends on, it is not enough to just add the shape component (as you can add it to any game object in the scene). If the emitter has no shapes referencing it, it will only emit 1 particle per timestep.

You can use multiple shapes per emitter and it won't affect performance, but try to avoid overlapping them (or sudden pressure spikes might arise). This way you can combine simple shapes to create more complex ones without the need of writing a custom emitter shape.