Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Update problems
Exclamación 
Hello! I've been using ObiRope 3.2 for a long time and delayed the update due to conflicts it could lead to. But now I need to add ObiFluid to the current project, so I've started with the update of ObiRope from 3.2 to 3.5. There were almost no code conflicts, but during the merge I got an error:

[Image: BlFFU9U.png]

And now when I open any scene with ropes I get this error:

[Image: 4QfrMNW.png]

And if I try to reopen scene, play scene, or even quit Unity, I get a crash. Here are the crash.dmp and error.log

It looks similar to problem in this thread, but I don't know if it's solved or not.
I'm using Windows 10 x86, Unity 2017.1.0f3, and I use only ObiRope in project, so far.
(15-11-2018, 01:16 PM)Evgenius Wrote: Hello! I've been using ObiRope 3.2 for a long time and delayed the update due to conflicts it could lead to. But now I need to add ObiFluid to the current project, so I've started with the update of ObiRope from 3.2 to 3.5. There were almost no code conflicts, but during the merge I got an error:

[Image: BlFFU9U.png]

And now when I open any scene with ropes I get this error:

[Image: 4QfrMNW.png]

And if I try to reopen scene, play scene, or even quit Unity, I get a crash. Here are the crash.dmp and error.log

It looks similar to problem in this thread, but I don't know if it's solved or not.
I'm using Windows 10 x86, Unity 2017.1.0f3, and I use only ObiRope in project, so far.

Hi there,

It has nothing to do with the problem in the other thread you mention, that was a memory access violation. In your case, Unity cannot copy the physics engine files, because some other program in your computer is preventing access to them. It can be an antivirus, or any other program.

Try deactivating your antivirus and trying again.
(15-11-2018, 01:41 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

It has nothing to do with the problem in the other thread you mention, that was a memory access violation. In your case, Unity cannot copy the physics engine files, because some other program in your computer is preventing access to them. It can be an antivirus, or any other program.

Try deactivating your antivirus and trying again.

There's no antivirus and windows defender is disabled.
(15-11-2018, 02:01 PM)Evgenius Wrote: There's no antivirus and windows defender is disabled.

Google drive, any file compacter, git client or any other program that might periodically scan your files? This is not a Obi-specific problem, anyway. Can happen to any file in your Unity project:

https://answers.unity.com/questions/1207...enied.html
https://forum.unity.com/threads/moving-f...ed.308831/