Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Several Issues with Rope-->Android
Hello guys,
I tried to setup Obi Rope for my Android (OculusGO) Project, but when im about to build alot of error messages pop up.

Code:
Exception: Unknown CPU architecture  for library Assets/Obi/Plugins/iOS/libOni.a
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.NativePlugins.ProcessPlugin (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context, System.String pluginPath, System.String pluginTargetCPU)
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.NativePlugins.Execute (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessRunner.RunAllTasks (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessAndroidPlayer.PostProcess (BuildTarget target, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String playerPackage, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report)
UnityEditor.Android.AndroidBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args, UnityEditor.BuildProperties& outProperties)
UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:287)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

I built it for Android and built it before already (and it worked on my go), but I wonder why it searches in /Plugins/IOS instead of /Android? Am I missing something here?
edit: The build worked without the Obi asset installed / imported. I didnt get it work with the Obi Asset imported yet

Second error:

Code:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Obi.ObiRopeThickRenderMode.Update (UnityEngine.Camera camera) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Actors/ObiRopeRenderModes/ObiRopeThickRenderMode.cs:30)
Obi.ObiRope.UpdateVisualRepresentation () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Actors/ObiRope.cs:603)
Obi.ObiRope.OnValidate () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Actors/ObiRope.cs:328)

This might be because i tried to build an example Scene.

Third error:

Code:
Menu Component/Physics/Obi/Obi Particle Baker can't be checked because doesn't exist

I've read that this could be / or is an Unity related Issue.

Any help would be appreciated, since the physics look quite astonishing and I really wanna use it in my projects Sonrisa

Kind regards,
Phil
We've tried to run it in our own Go and we encountered no issues.

As long as the Android plugins are in Assets/Obi/Plugins/Android/(x86 or armeabi-v7a) Unity should recognize them as the Android version of the plugin. If it's looking for it under Assets/Obi/Plugins/iOS, make sure that both Android subfolders are present, and that the Go architecture matches either of them (it should as it is 32 bit).

Code:
Obi.ObiRopeThickRenderMode.Update (UnityEngine.Camera camera) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Actors/ObiRopeRenderModes/ObiRopeThickRenderMode.cs:30)
Obi.ObiRope.UpdateVisualRepresentation () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Actors/ObiRope.cs:603)

This will only happen if the rope could not be initialized at runtime, probably due to the missing library.

Code:
Menu Component/Physics/Obi/Obi Particle Baker can't be checked because doesn't exist
is a bug in Unity. Fortunately it can be safely ignored:
https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/...or-message
Hello Jose,it appears that the Asset import didnt work properly - after fully deleting and reimporting it seems to work as expected SonrisaThanks for you r time.Phil

(17-10-2018, 08:38 AM)josemendez Wrote: We've tried to run it in our own Go and we encountered no issues.

As long as the Android plugins are in Assets/Obi/Plugins/Android/(x86 or armeabi-v7a) Unity should recognize them as the Android version of the plugin. If it's looking for it under Assets/Obi/Plugins/iOS, make sure that both Android subfolders are present, and that the Go architecture matches either of them (it should as it is 32 bit).

Code:

This will only happen if the rope could not be initialized at runtime, probably due to the missing library.

Code:
is a bug in Unity. Fortunately it can be safely ignored:
https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/...or-message