Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  .UnityPackage does not successfully import
Have tried importing via Asset Store, and via the Assets menu; result the same, as in image below.  

Unity v 2018.2.9.f1 64 bit

This is a newly created project, apart from a cube with a material attached.

Build platform is PC / Mac / Linux standalone.

Please advise if any other details are necessary. 

Have attached image as well, in case the inserted / linked image does provide enough detail.

[Image: hWC1ros.jpg]

Update

On our OS X machine, ObiFluid imports into a Unity 2018.3.0b3 project and runs just fine.  So the issue seems to be with / on my development machine.
Update

DLL file/s appear to be in the correct place/s.  

[Image: DTgxnYc.png]

Update

So ... well, something.  Unity can't find the DLL, but it can find both, when the DLL has been copied to another place ... 

[Image: 8aiT49J.png]

I could really do with a bit of assistance here.
(27-09-2018, 04:17 PM)Mitch@PG Wrote: Update

DLL file/s appear to be in the correct place/s.  

[Image: DTgxnYc.png]

Update

So ... well, something.  Unity can't find the DLL, but it can find both, when the DLL has been copied to another place ... 

[Image: 8aiT49J.png]

I could really do with a bit of assistance here.

Simply restart Unity.

Unity only loads native plugins (.dll, .bundle, .so, etc) upon starting, it cannot hot-(re)load them.
(27-09-2018, 05:03 PM)josemendez Wrote: Simply restart Unity.

Unity only loads native plugins (.dll, .bundle, .so, etc) upon starting, it cannot hot-(re)load them.

.... Ok.  

That could really do with being in the Quick Start PDF!

Also, it worked fine on the Mac straight out of the box?
(27-09-2018, 05:17 PM)Mitch@PG Wrote:  .... Ok.  

That could really do with being in the Quick Start PDF!

Also, it worked fine on the Mac straight out of the box?

Hi,

Sure, we'll mention it in the quickstart, thanks for the suggestion!. Note however it is mentioned in the official Unity docs, and the editor itself presents a warning when you select any native library:

[Image: G2iZOWL.png]

The message is a bit unclear tough, as it does not specifically mention that you need to restart not only when the library needs to be un/re/loaded, but also if it needs to be loaded the first time.
Edit: Under macOS, this does not seem to be necessary. Being a unix-based os, it can pick up changes in native binaries without the need to restart Unity.

cheers,
(27-09-2018, 08:12 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Sure, we'll mention it in the quickstart, thanks for the suggestion!. Note however it is mentioned in the official Unity docs, and the editor itself presents a warning when you select any native library

Honestly, I've not ever seen that message, but then I've also never used an external DLL with Unity, sooo ... 

Mainly, I'm embarrassed that I forgot the very first rule of IT troubleshooting: "Turn it off and on again"!