Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rope does not lay flat against collider
In my project I have a rope attached to a handle GameObject.  Both are laying on a table (GameObject with a box collider) and the desire is that the rope will lay flat against the table.  What is happening is that the handle GameObject sits on the table but the rope arches into the air as shown below.  
[img]<a href=[/img][Image: elevated%20rope_3.png]" />

The table GameObject (gray in the picture above) has a mesh collider and ObiCollider on it.  No colliders on the rope.  I've increased the iterations for the collider object in the solver and tried various values for the thickness parameter on the ObiCollider.  A value of -.018 gets the rope the closest to the table.  Anything more negative than that allows the rope to fall through the table. 

Is there a way to get the rope to lay flat?
(07-09-2018, 09:17 PM)Dennis59 Wrote: In my project I have a rope attached to a handle GameObject.  Both are laying on a table (GameObject with a box collider) and the desire is that the rope will lay flat against the table.  What is happening is that the handle GameObject sits on the table but the rope arches into the air as shown below.  
[img]<a href=[/img][Image: elevated%20rope_3.png]" />

The table GameObject (gray in the picture above) has a mesh collider and ObiCollider on it.  No colliders on the rope.  I've increased the iterations for the collider object in the solver and tried various values for the thickness parameter on the ObiCollider.  A value of -.018 gets the rope the closest to the table.  Anything more negative than that allows the rope to fall through the table. 

Is there a way to get the rope to lay flat?

Hi,

Have you by any chance increased the radius of the rope particles in that region, using the particle editor? That would explain this behavior.