Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to Get a Rigid Rope
I am trying to duplicate the rigid rope in the RopeShowcase (Obj Rope Rigid under the Bending GameObject) in a new project.  I added a rope using ObiRope (Fully Setup) option and then duplicated the settings from the demo scene in my new project.  Unfortunately the rope looks exactly like the "Obi Rope Flaccid" rope in the demo.  I can change settings in the demo for the rigid rope and it responds as you would expect however changing the settings in my scene does nothing.  A screen capture is included below. I must be missing something.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. [img]<a href=[/img][Image: Untitled.jpg]" />
(07-09-2018, 01:56 AM)Dennis59 Wrote: I am trying to duplicate the rigid rope in the RopeShowcase (Obj Rope Rigid under the Bending GameObject) in a new project.  I added a rope using ObiRope (Fully Setup) option and then duplicated the settings from the demo scene in my new project.  Unfortunately the rope looks exactly like the "Obi Rope Flaccid" rope in the demo.  I can change settings in the demo for the rigid rope and it responds as you would expect however changing the settings in my scene does nothing.  A screen capture is included below. I must be missing something.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. [img]<a href=[/img][Image: Untitled.jpg]" />

Make sure the amount of constraint iterations in the ObiSolver and the Unity's fixed timestep are also the same as in the sample scene. These two control the performance budget for constraint solving, and will determine the maximum rigidness achievable by any kind of constraint (bend constraints in particular). Low iteration counts will stop simulation before the rope is rigid enough, higher iteration counts will allow the solver to continue solving until the desired constraint stiffness is achieved.

See the description for the "iterations" property:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...olver.html

cheers,
Thank you for the response.  It turned out that the rope was too long.  After shortening it behaved as expected.