Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Problem with making the small scale stuff work
Hello, 
I am writting here because didn't manage to help myself Triste. Hestitated to write to you from the longer time hoping that will solve it myself, but just hell can't. Some time ago I have purchuased OBI fluid, because needed the good fluid system for my VR project.
Small usage scale in description ecouraged me for exactly this purchase as well (among the other simllar options). And here is my problem. I need to use it in a really SMALL scale, for the containers like a test tube or a lab bottle. 
Running for eg. sample with the faucet and bowls on Oculus, places me under a faucet being then kind of small waterfall, because the scale of that is very huge. From another side I can't scale up OVRCameraRig to match the scale because it causes horrible display errors. I need the objects and fluid the real world scale then.
I did the multiple tries with small containers, calculating the changed numbers basing on the scale change, and modifying a lot of the parameters, but didn't happen to achieve what I needed for the fluid stream to look like, what is the worst in case of such small scale fluid is or not entering the container, or it goes throught it (yes I did multiple tries with things like particles, emiter sizing, container wall thickness etc. Rady and watch everything possible though too). When it is a few times bigger (the container), it works OK, but sadly I need a bottle, syringe and test tube not a cooking pot Triste(
Could you help me? The standard test tube like 25 x 150 mm. I am a bit heartbroken, really need this solution and in my country currency OBI fluid was really pretty expensive and for now pretty useless Triste((. 

I am attaching what I am looking for. https://youtu.be/MBq55FtOzN4?t=3m32s <---8 secs from here around.

Regards

Catherine
(02-09-2018, 02:57 PM)Bastian Wrote: Hello, 
I am writting here because didn't manage to help myself Triste. Hestitated to write to you from the longer time hoping that will solve it myself, but just hell can't. Some time ago I have purchuased OBI fluid, because needed the good fluid system for my VR project.
Small usage scale in description ecouraged me for exactly this purchase as well (among the other simllar options). And here is my problem. I need to use it in a really SMALL scale, for the containers like a test tube or a lab bottle. 
Running for eg. sample with the faucet and bowls on Oculus, places me under a faucet being then kind of small waterfall, because the scale of that is very huge. From another side I can't scale up OVRCameraRig to match the scale because it causes horrible display errors. I need the objects and fluid the real world scale then.
I did the multiple tries with small containers, calculating the changed numbers basing on the scale change, and modifying a lot of the parameters, but didn't happen to achieve what I needed for the fluid stream to look like, what is the worst in case of such small scale fluid is or not entering the container, or it goes throught it (yes I did multiple tries with things like particles, emiter sizing, container wall thickness etc. Rady and watch everything possible though too). When it is a few times bigger (the container), it works OK, but sadly I need a bottle, syringe and test tube not a cooking pot Triste(
Could you help me? The standard test tube like 25 x 150 mm. I am a bit heartbroken, really need this solution and in my country currency OBI fluid was really pretty expensive and for now pretty useless Triste((. 

I am attaching what I am looking for. https://youtu.be/MBq55FtOzN4?t=3m32s <---8 secs from here around.

Regards

Catherine

Have you tried simply increasing the fluid material's resolution? This is the one and only parameter that controls fluid scale. Higher resolutions yield finer fluid (smaller particles), lower resolutions will make it coarser. See:

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...rials.html

Note that scaling or resizing the emitter will not affect the fluid resolution. (It's like scaling a faucet: big or small, it will still dispense honey instead of water).
Also, changing the radius scale in the particle renderer (a common mistake) will only affect the renderer, not the simulation.

If setting the resolution directly does not work for your scene for some reason, you could also use local space simulation and just scale down the solver.