Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Fluid Renderer doesn't work on two sample scenes
While trying to look through Simple Fluid sample scene to find out how Simple Fluid Renderer works,
I've found out two sample scenes - MultipahseFluidBuoyancy and SimpleFluid - don't work properly.
All other scenes works fine.

My Unity version is 2018.16f1 and I've downloaded the asset on 8/17/2018.

Could you tell me how to fix it?
(20-08-2018, 07:29 AM)redhairjino Wrote: While trying to look through Simple Fluid sample scene to find out how Simple Fluid Renderer works,
I've found out two sample scenes - MultipahseFluidBuoyancy and SimpleFluid - don't work properly.
All other scenes works fine.

My Unity version is 2018.16f1 and I've downloaded the asset on 8/17/2018.

Could you tell me how to fix it?

Hi there,

MultiphaseFluidBuoyancy has the exact same rendering setup as the rest of sample scenes, there should be no reason for it to work differently. SimpleFluid however uses the simple renderer instead of the standard one. It should show no lightning or reflections, just colored refraction.

Can you describe in detail what the problem is with these scenes?
(20-08-2018, 08:03 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

MultiphaseFluidBuoyancy has the exact same rendering setup as the rest of sample scenes, there should be no reason for it to work differently. SimpleFluid however uses the simple renderer instead of the standard one. It should show no lightning or reflections, just colored refraction.

Can you describe in detail what the problem is with these scenes?

I've reinstalled Unity and updated Nvidia graphics drivers to make sure every other things are all up to date.
Unity version is now 2018.2.4f1.

I've created new project in Unity, then imported Obi Fluid 3 to the project.
Then went straight to Obi>Sample Scenes and opened all 11 sample scenes.
All sample scenes work properly when I pressed Play except MultiphaseFluidBuoyancy and SimpleFluid.
Both doesn't show fluid on Game window when played. 
It shows particles when I check 'Render' check box on Obi Particle Renderer, but doesn't render fluids when I uncheck it.
It seems like Obi (Simple, too) Fluid Renderer doesn't function properly, but I can't see anything wrong with the settings.

If you want screenshots or anything else, please let me know and I will gladly post it here.

Thanks.
(21-08-2018, 02:12 AM)redhairjino Wrote: I've reinstalled Unity and updated Nvidia graphics drivers to make sure every other things are all up to date.
Unity version is now 2018.2.4f1.

I've created new project in Unity, then imported Obi Fluid 3 to the project.
Then went straight to Obi>Sample Scenes and opened all 11 sample scenes.
All sample scenes work properly when I pressed Play except MultiphaseFluidBuoyancy and SimpleFluid.
Both doesn't show fluid on Game window when played. 
It shows particles when I check 'Render' check box on Obi Particle Renderer, but doesn't render fluids when I uncheck it.
It seems like Obi (Simple, too) Fluid Renderer doesn't function properly, but I can't see anything wrong with the settings.

If you want screenshots or anything else, please let me know and I will gladly post it here.

Thanks.

The sample scenes still do not work, but I've made new test scene working replicating components and values from sample ones.
I don't know what changed, but I am glad it worked. Sonrisa