Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Saving Rope State during play?
Pregunta 
Hi!

Is it possible to save the state of the ropes during play so that they can be initialized in a specific configuration and position?

My use case is I want two rope to be tangled in a specific way, which I can easily achieve during play, but not easily using curves in edit mode: is there any way I could save the play state of the rope?

Thanks!
(16-08-2018, 09:44 PM)Bill Sansky Wrote: Hi!

Is it possible to save the state of the ropes during play so that they can be initialized in a specific configuration and position?

My use case is I want two rope to be tangled in a specific way, which I can easily achieve during play, but not easily using curves in edit mode: is there any way I could save the play state of the rope?

Thanks!

You can advance the simulation in-editor using the particle editor. When the simulation reaches the state you want to keep as initial state, press the "Set rest state" button in the rope inspector.

cheers,
(17-08-2018, 08:49 AM)josemendez Wrote: You can advance the simulation in-editor using the particle editor. When the simulation reaches the state you want to keep as initial state, press the "Set rest state" button in the rope inspector.

cheers,

Thanks! 

Would "Set rest state" also work during play, so that I can save the rope as a prefab during play and have it saved?
So I tried to simulate the rope. The problem is that it doesn't work well, at least in my configuration (I'll gladly know what I may be doing wrong):
  • The radius of the particles is not taken into account
  • The handles are not taken into account
  • The colliders are not taken into account
  • Of course, it is impossible to tangle the ropes in a configuration I want in that case since I cannot move the handles the way I want
Additionally, what about the scenario with two ropes? if I want them in a tangled state before I hit play, this simulation doesn't take into account a few ropes, or maybe I'm doing it wrong? How to solve this?
(17-08-2018, 09:44 PM)Bill Sansky Wrote: So I tried to simulate the rope. The problem is that it doesn't work well, at least in my configuration (I'll gladly know what I may be doing wrong):
  • The radius of the particles is not taken into account
  • The handles are not taken into account
  • The colliders are not taken into account
  • Of course, it is impossible to tangle the ropes in a configuration I want in that case since I cannot move the handles the way I want
Additionally, what about the scenario with two ropes? if I want them in a tangled state before I hit play, this simulation doesn't take into account a few ropes, or maybe I'm doing it wrong? How to solve this?

Same problem here, and as I can see this problem was never solved or answered.
I have Obi Rope setup with handles, and I can't re-create the same setup in simulation mode as it ignores them. Is there a way to save ropes state in Play Mode?