Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloth is very stretchy and elastic
Hi, 

I've been reading the forum, documentation and watched the youtube videos but despite generating my tether constraints, increasing my obi solver > constraints > iterations to 50 my cloth really appears very very elastic and stretchy. What are the settings that I need to change to reduce this?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. 

thanks.
(05-08-2018, 01:17 PM)adami Wrote: Hi, 

I've been reading the forum, documentation and watched the youtube videos but despite generating my tether constraints, increasing my obi solver > constraints > iterations to 50 my cloth really appears very very elastic and stretchy. What are the settings that I need to change to reduce this?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. 

thanks.

With 50 distance constraint iterations, cloth at any reasonable mesh resolution should be fairly rigid. Tethers should eliminate stretchiness completely (as long as your cloth has at least some fixed particles, or tethers won't be able to kick in at all).

If all else fails, increase the amount of solver substeps to 2 or 3. By doing this you will be able to get away with much fewer distance constraint iterations.
(05-08-2018, 03:07 PM)josemendez Wrote: With 50 distance constraint iterations, cloth at any reasonable mesh resolution should be fairly rigid. Tethers should eliminate stretchiness completely (as long as your cloth has at least some fixed particles, or tethers won't be able to kick in at all).

If all else fails, increase the amount of solver substeps to 2 or 3. By doing this you will be able to get away with much fewer distance constraint iterations.

Thanks for the pointers Jose. I'll have a dig into that and see how it goes. P.s. Thanks for making such a comprehensive little suite for cloth simulation. It's very good at what it does .