Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  How to make curve in Obi Rope?
Triste 
Hello,

I purchased obi latest version for rope. I am trying to make the curve shape using rope sdk. Is anyone know how to make the curve shape in Obi Rope?
(03-08-2018, 10:46 AM)Prateek Wrote: Hello,

I purchased obi latest version for rope. I am trying to make the curve shape using rope sdk. Is anyone know how to make the curve shape in Obi Rope?

Simply modify the rope curve to have any shape you want, then (re)initialize the rope. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...urves.html
(03-08-2018, 12:03 PM)josemendez Wrote: Simply modify the rope curve to have any shape you want, then (re)initialize the rope. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...urves.html

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your reply to my question. I followed the instruction you have provided. Also I have seen the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe5mROQq...e=youtu.be posted by Virtual Method but unfortunately when I create the curve from initial step from where you have started creating than in my project I am unable to see those changes.
I have added Obi Bending Constraint in the Rope game object and I increased the stiffness value to 1 and Max Bending to 0. Also I have enabled Visualize which I have seen in your Youtube video, But still I am not getting any change when I enable /disable this component which I can see in your YouTube video. I have attached the fields and values I used in the project. Please check attachment.

Can you help me if I am missing any steps and why I am not able to see those curves and particles in my first stages?

So to summarize my points I am looking to have curving the rope after clicking the initialize button so that I can get that circular rope as I have seen in the You-tube video.

I truly appreciate your help.
(06-08-2018, 06:39 AM)Prateek Wrote: Hi Jose,

Thanks for your reply to my question. I followed the instruction you have provided. Also I have seen the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe5mROQq...e=youtu.be posted by Virtual Method but unfortunately when I create the curve from initial step from where you have started creating than in my project I am unable to see those changes.
I have added Obi Bending Constraint in the Rope game object and I increased the stiffness value to 1 and Max Bending to 0. Also I have enabled Visualize which I have seen in your Youtube video, But still I am not getting any change when I enable /disable this component which I can see in your YouTube video. I have attached the fields and values I used in the project. Please check attachment.

Can you help me if I am missing any steps and why I am not able to see those curves and particles in my first stages?

So to summarize my points I am looking to have curving the rope after clicking the initialize button so that I can get that circular rope as I have seen in the You-tube video.

I truly appreciate your help.

Hi Prateek,

I can't see any attachments to your post. Please keep in mind that large images and certain file types are restricted, you can send any additional info to our support email.

Regarding your issue: keep in mind that the effective stiffness achievable by any constraint type depends a lot on the amount of constraints (like in all iterative physics engines), so it depends on the resolution of your rope: High resolution ropes require a lot more constraint iterations to reach high stiffness values. The rope shown in the video has very low resolution, so that you can see individual constraints and their effect. You might need to increase the amount of bending constraint iterations in the solver to achieve high bend resistance. Alternatively, reduce the time step or increase the amount of solver substeps.
(06-08-2018, 03:55 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Prateek,

I can't see any attachments to your post. Please keep in mind that large images and certain file types are restricted, you can send any additional info to our support email.

Regarding your issue: keep in mind that the effective stiffness achievable by any constraint type depends a lot on the amount of constraints (like in all iterative physics engines), so it depends on the resolution of your rope: High resolution ropes require a lot more constraint iterations to reach high stiffness values. The rope shown in the video has very low resolution, so that you can see individual constraints and their effect. You might need to increase the amount of bending constraint iterations in the solver to achieve high bend resistance. Alternatively, reduce the time step or increase the amount of solver substeps.

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your reply to my question. I read your comment and made modifications as per your directions. I increased the amount of bending constraint iterations in the solver and increase the amount of solver value but that made application processing slow and also I haven't got stiffness in the rope.
Can you please help me out what I have to do in this?

I truly appriciate your help.

Thanks!