Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Can't edit skin on Particle Editor
Hi,
I have recently purchased Obi Cloth and I am testing it for a clothing simulation project. It looks promising but I am unable to figure out why the skin properties values don't retain the values I set.

I have attached a couple of screenshots of the particle editor. Can someone help?
(11-07-2018, 11:22 AM)adev eloper Wrote: Hi,
I have recently purchased Obi Cloth and I am testing it for a clothing simulation project. It looks promising but I am unable to figure out why the skin properties values don't retain the values I set.

I have attached a couple of screenshots of the particle editor. Can someone help?

Hi Jose,

Make sure your mesh actually has a skin to work with. Skin parameters are ignored unless your gameObject has a SkinnedMeshRenderer.
[attachment=157 Wrote:josemendez pid='1912' dateline='1531314721']
Hi Jose,

Make sure your mesh actually has a skin to work with. Skin parameters are ignored unless your gameObject has a SkinnedMeshRenderer.

Hi, it has skinned mesh renderers like described below:

GameObject - Obi solver:
>body mesh - SkinnedMeshRenderer
>shirt mesh - SkinnedMeshRenderer + ObiCloth
>skirt mesh - SkinnedMeshRenderer + ObiCloth (shown on the image)
(11-07-2018, 03:20 PM)adev eloper Wrote: Hi, it has skinned mesh renderers like described below:

GameObject - Obi solver:
>body mesh - SkinnedMeshRenderer
>shirt mesh - SkinnedMeshRenderer + ObiCloth
>skirt mesh - SkinnedMeshRenderer + ObiCloth (shown on the image)

Hi there,

We're unable to reproduce this. What are your Obi and Unity versions?

Also, when you select any particle in the cloth and switch to "Skin radius", a blue line should appear on top of the particle representing the radius. Does it appear at all?
(11-07-2018, 05:07 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

We're unable to reproduce this. What are your Obi and Unity versions?

Also, when you select any particle in the cloth and switch to "Skin radius", a blue line should appear on top of the particle representing the radius. Does it appear at all?

yes, it appears but I cannot change the value (the same for the skin backstop radius). The other attributes (skin backstop and stiffness) do not appear at all, as shown in the images.
Obi version: 3.5
Unity: 2018.1.5f1

(11-07-2018, 05:32 PM)adev eloper Wrote: yes, it appears but I cannot change the value (the same for the skin backstop radius). The other attributes (skin backstop and stiffness) do not appear at all, as shown in the images.
Obi version: 3.5
Unity: 2018.1.5f1

Backstop and stiffness do not have a visual representation, because they're not distances or sizes, but physical attributes. That's completely normal.

We're able to change the values successfully though, using Obi 3.5 and 2018.1.0f2. Will try your Unity version and get back to you.
(11-07-2018, 05:48 PM)josemendez Wrote: Backstop and stiffness do not have a visual representation, because they're not distances or sizes, but physical attributes. That's completely normal.

We're able to change the values successfully though, using Obi 3.5 and 2018.1.0f2. Will try your Unity version and get back to you.

Hi josemendez, I was able to edit particles on the chan character. This is not a version issue.

I found that my skinned meshes do not have root bones set up. I will add a rig to my character and try again. Are there any other unspecified requirements?
(12-07-2018, 01:20 PM)adev eloper Wrote: Hi josemendez, I was able to edit particles on the chan character. This is not a version issue.

I found that my skinned meshes do not have root bones set up. I will add a rig to my character and try again. Are there any other unspecified requirements?

I created a rig and binded skin to it before exporting to unity. It now works properly.