Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  how to simulator paper?
Pregunta 
Hello,
I'm looking for some way to simulator the cloth like a piece of paper.

Which Constraints should I use?
Thank you!
(18-06-2018, 09:43 AM)phields Wrote: Hello,
I'm looking for some way to simulator the cloth like a piece of paper.

Which Constraints should I use?
Thank you!

Hi,

It depends on what you need the paper to do. Unlike cloth, paper is a highly plastic material. That means if you force it into a shape, it will retain it (think of a crumpled piece of paper, or origami).

For this reason (among others) using a cloth simulator to simulate paper is not a good idea, unless your paper is very thin and cloth-like.

If you describe your situation in more detail I might be able to help you further.
(20-06-2018, 04:03 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

It depends on what you need the paper to do. Unlike cloth, paper is a highly plastic material. That means if you force it into a shape, it will retain it (think of a crumpled piece of paper, or origami).

For this reason (among others) using a cloth simulator to simulate paper is not a good idea, unless your paper is very thin and cloth-like.

If you describe your situation in more detail I might be able to help you further.

Hello,
My situation is simulated book's page turning.
(23-06-2018, 11:32 AM)phields Wrote: Hello,
My situation is simulated book's page turning.

Hi there,

Most likely you do not need a full-blown cloth simulator for this simple task. Just use animation, it will be both easier to set up and faster to execute.
(23-06-2018, 12:48 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

Most likely you do not need a full-blown cloth simulator for this simple task. Just use animation, it will be both easier to set up and faster to execute.

Thanks for reply.
I forgot to mention that this project need to be interactive in VR(turning pages by controller).
so I can't just use animationTriste
(23-06-2018, 07:26 PM)phields Wrote: Thanks for reply.
I forgot to mention that this project need to be interactive in VR(turning pages by controller).
so I can't just use animationTriste

Can't you simply calculate which frame of animation to show depending on where the user's hand is? I've done this in the past for similar stuff and it worked very well.

E.g. turning a book page is a 180º turn. If the user hand is roughly at 60º degree, you must freeze the animation at 60/180 = 33%.