Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Is there a way to fix particles position after changing them?
Hi,

I tried to apply some change to the particles  in a skinned mesh using "PushDataToSolver(ParticleData.POSITIONS)" , it worked well in that frame, but would recover to initial positions in the next frame. 

Is there a way to keep the change? I just want to modify the shape of  some part of the  model  with the rest particles  being simulated.  

Thanks in advance!
(15-06-2018, 04:04 AM)MadMin Wrote: Hi,

I tried to apply some change to the particles  in a skinned mesh using "PushDataToSolver(ParticleData.POSITIONS)" , it worked well in that frame, but would recover to initial positions in the next frame. 

Is there a way to keep the change? I just want to modify the shape of  some part of the  model  with the rest particles  being simulated.  

Thanks in advance!

You cannot change the position of skinned vertices because well, they're skinned. Skinning will calculate new positions for the next frame and overwrite any changes you make. It's just how linear blend skinning works: it uses vertex positions in the bind pose as a starting point and transforms them using current frame's bone matrices.