Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unity 2017 OBI Fluid and Leap Motion Hand Controller
Hi everyone,
I have bought the OBI Fluid Package on the AssetStore and it works pretty well with the example scenes. Now I want to add my Leap Motion Hand Controller to the scene, to interact with the Fluid Emitter.

I added a box collider to the hands and recreated the FaucetAndBucket-Example of the bucket. So I added also an rigidbody, obi collider and so on. But there is no collision with the hands.

I hope you can give me some advice to achieve my goal.

Thx in Advance
Florian P.
(08-06-2018, 11:04 AM)FlorianP Wrote: Hi everyone,
I have bought the OBI Fluid Package on the AssetStore and it works pretty well with the example scenes. Now I want to add my Leap Motion Hand Controller to the scene, to interact with the Fluid Emitter.

I added a box collider to the hands and recreated the FaucetAndBucket-Example of the bucket. So I added also an rigidbody, obi collider and so on. But there is no collision with the hands.

I hope you can give me some advice to achieve my goal.

Thx in Advance
Florian P.

Hi Florian,

As long as the collider is set in any of the layers marked for collision detection in the solver, and the collider phase is different from the fluid phase, collisions should occur. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...sions.html

(11-06-2018, 11:04 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Florian,

As long as the collider is set in any of the layers marked for collision detection in the solver, and the collider phase is different from the fluid phase, collisions should occur. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...sions.html

Hello Jose, thanks for your reply.
I will add some images to show my specification to create an interaction.
On the first image you see the Project-Settings of the Time-Manager. Maybe here are the failure??

On the second image you see the Solver Settings.
[attachment=136]

The Emitter Settings

[attachment=137]

The Hand Settings

[attachment=138]

Maybe you find a setting failure.

Thx in Advance

Florian
The collider thickness in your screenshot is -0.5 meters. This huge negative value will effectively prevent collision detection if your collider is small enough. Set it to zero or a small positive value.

cheers,