Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Bugs with cloth collision detection
Hi!
We are a studio developing a VR soccer game, and after upgrading the project to unity 2018.1.0f2 we found out the soccer net is having some inconsistent behaviour.
Basically it stopped being an actual collider (the balls just pass through it) but sometimes it moves the net anyway.
It was working properly before the upgrade, we already double checked the phase, collision layer, reinstalled plugins and unity, and tried to bump up the collision iteration, but it doesn't seem to change anything.
The net has a small number of polys (168 vertices created from the obi mesh topology) to work well with the vr limitations, but it shouldn't have problem with collisions, since we used this method for a lot of other iteration of this project.
Also moving to 2018 showed some strange errors in the console, saying that ObiParticleBaker and ObiParticleRenderer doesn't exist even if their component seems to work properly.

We are close to a deadline and we really could use some help or customized support, let me know if you need to have more information or you need a light sample of the scene.

Thanks!
(31-05-2018, 10:39 AM)OrwellVR Wrote: Hi!
We are a studio developing a VR soccer game, and after upgrading the project to unity 2018.1.0f2 we found out the soccer net is having some inconsistent behaviour.
Basically it stopped being an actual collider (the balls just pass through it) but sometimes it moves the net anyway.
It was working properly before the upgrade, we already double checked the phase, collision layer, reinstalled plugins and unity, and tried to bump up the collision iteration, but it doesn't seem to change anything.
The net has a small number of polys (168 vertices created from the obi mesh topology) to work well with the vr limitations, but it shouldn't have problem with collisions, since we used this method for a lot of other iteration of this project.
Also moving to 2018 showed some strange errors in the console, saying that ObiParticleBaker and ObiParticleRenderer doesn't exist even if their component seems to work properly.

We are close to a deadline and we really could use some help or customized support, let me know if you need to have more information or you need a light sample of the scene.

Thanks!

Hi,

We haven't had any issues upgrading to 2018.1 (apart form the mentioned ObiParticleBaker/Renderer menu items error, which seems to do no harm as the menu items themselves are still there, fully functional). Collisions work just fine in all the sample scenes, and all our internal projects behave the same way as they do in 5.6 (our base development version).

Is there any chance we could take a look at your project, even a reduced/simplified version? I'm afraid that's the only way to figure out what's happening.
(01-06-2018, 01:56 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

We haven't had any issues upgrading to 2018.1 (apart form the mentioned ObiParticleBaker/Renderer menu items error, which seems to do no harm as the menu items themselves are still there, fully functional). Collisions work just fine in all the sample scenes, and all our internal projects behave the same way as they do in 5.6 (our base development version).

Is there any chance we could take a look at your project, even a reduced/simplified version? I'm afraid that's the only way to figure out what's happening.

Hi,

We've been able to fix the collision (the ball is still too fast to be actually stopped by the net, but now it's colliding with it, and we solved the problem with an extra collider behind the net).
But if possible i would like to send you a part of our project anyway, since we're not sure to have perfectly optimized the net, and if you could check it for blatant errors or find a way to make the net stop the balls it would be a really great help for us and a big chance to improve our knowledge of your awesome plugin!
For that do i need to send a mail with the download link of the project or post it here? We would prefer not to share the source code if possible.

Thanks a lot for the support!