Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Obi Fluid with Vuforia and ARCORE
Hi all

I've just bought Obi Fluid with the goal of adding fluid physics to my augmented reality projects. Running the test scenes as is, they work perfectly. But I've encountered problems on two different AR platforms:

1) ARCore

On ARCore, the beaker (water container) needs to be scaled down a lot for it to appear the correct scale in the real world. Using the emitter material resolution setting, I've also resized the particles for them to fit in the tiny beaker. After this, the particles simply explode. Upon reading the forums, I need to fix the physics settings such as viscosity, surface tension, cutoff distance, etc. Has anyone successfully found good settings for this?

2) Vuforia

On Vuforia, it's the opposite: I need to scale up the beaker several times for it to appear normal size in the real world. The physics seem to work fine by going up in scale. My problem here now is, the minimum emitter material resolution is 0.001, corresponding to a particle size of 1.0. This would mean I would need hundreds of thousands of particles. Any way I can bypass this minimum resolution?

Thanks in advance!
(18-05-2018, 06:39 PM)tinkerboy Wrote: Hi all

I've just bought Obi Fluid with the goal of adding fluid physics to my augmented reality projects. Running the test scenes as is, they work perfectly. But I've encountered problems on two different AR platforms:

1) ARCore

On ARCore, the beaker (water container) needs to be scaled down a lot for it to appear the correct scale in the real world. Using the emitter material resolution setting, I've also resized the particles for them to fit in the tiny beaker. After this, the particles simply explode. Upon reading the forums, I need to fix the physics settings such as viscosity, surface tension, cutoff distance, etc. Has anyone successfully found good settings for this?

2) Vuforia

On Vuforia, it's the opposite: I need to scale up the beaker several times for it to appear normal size in the real world. The physics seem to work fine by going up in scale. My problem here now is, the minimum emitter material resolution is 0.001, corresponding to a particle size of 1.0. This would mean I would need hundreds of thousands of particles. Any way I can bypass this minimum resolution?

Thanks in advance!

HI there,

You could perform the simulation in local space, and scale the whole thing up/down depending on your needs. To do so, place the emitters/containers (beaker) as children of the solver game object, then enable "simulate in local space".

With this setup, you can then set the scale of the solver game object which will affect both the fluid and the beaker. No need to fiddle with fluid parameters.
Hi,

i'm still trying to get the particles scaled down...

When i use local simulation in the solver (with emitter as children)...

...the position of the emitter in the game view is different to the scene view. Shouldn't it be at the solver position when the emitter position is at 0,0,0?
...and the solver game object is scaled down, the particles didn't scale but speed etc.
(22-05-2018, 09:57 AM)Kalidor Wrote: Hi,

i'm still trying to get the particles scaled down...

When i use local simulation in the solver (with emitter as children)...

...the position of the emitter in the game view is different to the scene view. Shouldn't it be at the solver position when the emitter position is at 0,0,0?
...and the solver game object is scaled down, the particles didn't scale but speed etc.

I will try to reproduce this and get back to you.
(22-05-2018, 10:09 AM)josemendez Wrote: I will try to reproduce this and get back to you.

Any news?
(21-05-2018, 09:09 AM)josemendez Wrote: HI there,

You could perform the simulation in local space, and scale the whole thing up/down depending on your needs. To do so, place the emitters/containers (beaker) as children of the solver game object, then enable "simulate in local space".

With this setup, you can then set the scale of the solver game object which will affect both the fluid and the beaker. No need to fiddle with fluid parameters.

Hi Jose, 

Thank you for the response. I tried your advise and made the container and emitter children of the solver, and enabled local simulation. Sadly, as I scaled up the solver, thr particle size didn't change. Toggling local simulation does changebthe behavior, but I cannot understand exactly what it does. Do you have any more suggestions? 

Thank you in advance
(29-05-2018, 10:26 AM)tinkerboy Wrote: Hi Jose, 

Thank you for the response. I tried your advise and made the container and emitter children of the solver, and enabled local simulation. Sadly, as I scaled up the solver, thr particle size didn't change. Toggling local simulation does changebthe behavior, but I cannot understand exactly what it does. Do you have any more suggestions? 

Thank you in advance

Has anyone had any luck with their AR project?
(17-07-2018, 06:17 PM)tinkerboy Wrote: Has anyone had any luck with their AR project?
No?
(22-11-2021, 09:16 AM)EbruBozkurt Wrote: No?

Yes, we've done AR with Obi Fluid in the past. Some users have too, Nickelodeon's "Do Not Touch" (made by Flat Pixel) is a good example:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AR_MR_XR/commen...ality_app/

what exactly are you having issues with?