Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  How to select the obi rope by mouse click?
Hi, everyone. I create some obi ropes in my game, then I need select them by mouse click (Input.GetMouseButtonDown) in game window, such like using Physics.Raycast to know whether mouse click on the rope , however the conventional way does not work . Any one help to solve this problem? Thanks a lot.
(17-05-2018, 02:58 AM)cowill Wrote: Hi, everyone. I create some obi ropes in my game, then I need select them by mouse click (Input.GetMouseButtonDown) in game window, such like using Physics.Raycast to know whether mouse click on the rope , however the conventional way does not work . Any one help to solve this problem? Thanks a lot.

Hi there,

You can simply raycast against the rope mesh, why wouldn't that work?. You can get a reference to it from its MeshFilter component.
(17-05-2018, 08:54 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

You can simply raycast against the rope mesh, why wouldn't that work?. You can get a reference to it from its MeshFilter component.

Hi josemendez, thanks for you reply, I'm new in Unity. My problem is how to add a suitable collider to the rope mesh? Physcis.Raycast  needs a collider.  I added a mesh collider to the Rope Mesh, but the collider is  fixed when the rope is animating. My solution so far is updating the mesh collider in Update() function. Like this:
Code:
void Update () {
        GetComponent<MeshCollider>().sharedMesh = null;
        GetComponent<MeshCollider> ().sharedMesh = GetComponent<MeshFilter> ().sharedMesh;
    }
Are there any better solutions?  Thanks again. Sonrisa
(21-05-2018, 03:18 AM)cowill Wrote: Hi josemendez, thanks for you reply, I'm new in Unity. My problem is how to add a suitable collider to the rope mesh? Physcis.Raycast  needs a collider.  I added a mesh collider to the Rope Mesh, but the collider is  fixed when the rope is animating. My solution so far is updating the mesh collider in Update() function. Like this:
Code:
void Update () {
GetComponent<MeshCollider>().sharedMesh = null;
GetComponent<MeshCollider> ().sharedMesh = GetComponent<MeshFilter> ().sharedMesh;
}
Are there any better solutions?  Thanks again. Sonrisa

You could only update the mesh when the user clicks, no need to do it every Update().
(21-05-2018, 08:41 AM)josemendez Wrote: You could only update the mesh when the user clicks, no need to do it every Update().

Thanks a lot. Sonrisa