Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Just bought asset | Errors on import
https://i.gyazo.com/53c88285de4a7838df5f...bcc868.png

Im sure its a simple fix since its a really small project I imported it to.

EDIT [FIXED]:
My "Editor" folder was interfering with Obi's Editor folder.
(08-05-2018, 03:34 AM)VirtualCucumber Wrote: https://i.gyazo.com/53c88285de4a7838df5f...bcc868.png

Im sure its a simple fix since its a really small project I imported it to.

Hi,

What unity version are you using? These methods override Unity's Editor class methods, which afaik do exist and can be overridden.

Edit: unless of course, you declared your own Editor type (class, struct, whatever) in the global namespace, and it is clashing with Unity's own. Just rename it or move it to its own namespace if that's the case.

cheers,
(08-05-2018, 12:05 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

What unity version are you using? These methods override Unity's Editor class methods, which afaik do exist and can be overridden.

Edit: unless of course, you declared your own Editor type (class, struct, whatever) in the global namespace, and it is clashing with Unity's own. Just rename it or move it to its own namespace if that's the case.

cheers,

This doesn't fix my issues on import. I've tested 5.6 and 2018.1.6 with projects and if I imported Obi Rope I get numerous compile errors.

EDIT: Looks like I needed to move the Obi folder into the plugins folder so it wouldn't conflict with other packages. I had tried deleting other packages to test it which for some reason did not work.
(24-07-2018, 04:00 PM)CameronHall Wrote: This doesn't fix my issues on import. I've tested 5.6 and 2018.1.6 with projects and if I imported Obi Rope I get numerous compile errors.

EDIT: Looks like I needed to move the Obi folder into the plugins folder so it wouldn't conflict with other packages. I had tried deleting other packages to test it which for some reason did not work.

Moving Obi into the plugins folder will cause numerous other issues. Leave /Obi outside of plugins, and just make sure you're not redefining classes in the System namespace (or others) in your project.
(28-07-2018, 11:11 AM)josemendez Wrote: Moving Obi into the plugins folder will cause numerous other issues. Leave /Obi outside of plugins, and just make sure you're not redefining classes in the System namespace (or others) in your project.

I'm not. I put it in a completely new project with nothing else in it, it still breaks unless I move it into the plugins folder. 2018.1.
(29-07-2018, 04:45 PM)CameronHall Wrote: I'm not. I put it in a completely new project with nothing else in it, it still breaks unless I move it into the plugins folder. 2018.1.

I cannot reproduce this. Imports fine in 5.6 and 2018.1 and .2. Can you describe the kind of errors you're getting?