Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change rope path
I changed the curve of my rope and I see the update in the editor when i click to Initialize. Yet, when I press play, the rope start with the shape of the previous curve and once I stop the simulation the rope restore to the previous curve, even I have no record of the old ObiBezierCurve. Any ideia whats going on?
(04-05-2018, 07:14 PM)leonrdo Wrote: I changed the curve of my rope and I see the update in the editor when i click to Initialize. Yet, when I press play, the rope start with the shape of the previous curve and once I stop the simulation the rope restore to the previous curve, even I have no record of the old ObiBezierCurve. Any ideia whats going on?

Hi Leonrdo,

This can happen if the solver has not enough particles to generate a rope for the new path. A warning should appear in the console when pressing play, if this is the case. Just increase max particles.

Also, just to rule out some other problems: do any warnings or errors pop up in the console when clicking Initialize?
(04-05-2018, 11:04 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Leonrdo,

This can happen if the solver has not enough particles to generate a rope for the new path. A warning should appear in the console when pressing play, if this is the case. Just increase max particles.

Also, just to rule out some other problems: do any warnings or errors pop up in the console when clicking Initialize?

I was trying to set the new rest state of the rope with the updated curve, but I'm not all clear about this button function. I check the particles and its already a big number (just to be safe from start).
And I got no errors or warning on the console when I press Initialize (and it still generate the rope mesh for the new curve), which is very odd since I used to get a couple of warnings regarding variables or Obi functions.
I often get this error too where the rope resets after pressing play - really frustrating. A workaround appears to be to save your rope as a prefab and apply the prefab every time you reinitialize the rope.
(08-05-2018, 01:28 PM)khalvr Wrote: I often get this error too where the rope resets after pressing play - really frustrating. A workaround appears to be to save your rope as a prefab and apply the prefab every time you reinitialize the rope.

Hi there,

Just to be sure: "Set rest state" simply sets the initial particle positions/velocities of the rope to whatever they are when you press it. It is intended to be used in the editor, when you want the rope to already be mid-simulation when you instantiate it or press play.

Pressing rewind on the particle editor resets the actor to its original rest state.

Can you explain how you're using it? I'm unable to reproduce what you describe (resetting to its original rest state after pressing play).
Hello Jose, thanks for replying. I figured out the problem. I created the rope as a prefab, and the changes was not being done in the prefab but the scene instance and somehow not updating the curve. I created a fresh rope with the same parameters I intended and it works pretty fine right now