Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  libOni.dll caused an Access Violation
I'm experiencing a crash (Obi Cloth, Obi Rope 3.4, Unity 5.6.3p2). I have two Obi Rope objects with their own solvers and 4 Obi Cloth objects pointing to a single solver. If I enable the two solvers for the rope everything is OK. Similarly if I just enable the solver for the cloth, everything is fine. However if I enable the all 3 solvers, I get a hard crash in Unity. This sometimes happens immediately while at other times it takes a few seconds. 

The log file says "libOni.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) in module libOni.dll at 0033:c017db05."

The exception from the dmp file says "The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access" . 

I'm using simulation order: fixed update.

This project uses SteamVR if that matters. I basically have a rope attached to a connector which is attached to a chain which is attached to another connector that is attached to a number of straps (using Obi Cloth). I saw the other thread (http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...on#pid1061
(04-05-2018, 04:53 PM)darkcser Wrote: I'm experiencing a crash (Obi Cloth, Obi Rope 3.4, Unity 5.6.3p2). I have two Obi Rope objects with their own solvers and 4 Obi Cloth objects pointing to a single solver. If I enable the two solvers for the rope everything is OK. Similarly if I just enable the solver for the cloth, everything is fine. However if I enable the all 3 solvers, I get a hard crash in Unity. This sometimes happens immediately while at other times it takes a few seconds. 

The log file says "libOni.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) in module libOni.dll at 0033:c017db05."

The exception from the dmp file says "The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access" . 

I'm using simulation order: fixed update.

This project uses SteamVR if that matters. I basically have a rope attached to a connector which is attached to a chain which is attached to another connector that is attached to a number of straps (using Obi Cloth). I saw the other thread (http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...on#pid1061

Hi there,

If you could provide the dmp file (send it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com), we could use it to see the exact point at which the exception took place and try to fix it. I assume you are using 3.4 of both Obi Rope and Obi Cloth? (as installing different versions will leave the shared file of whichever one you installed last, often causing incompatibilities).
(04-05-2018, 11:01 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

If you could provide the dmp file (send it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com), we could use it to see the exact point at which the exception took place and try to fix it. I assume you are using 3.4 of both Obi Rope and Obi Cloth? (as installing different versions will leave the shared file of whichever one you installed last, often causing incompatibilities).

I have sent my dmp and log file to the email above.