Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  'Simulate When Invisible' not respecting camera culling?
Hi,

In my project, I'm changing the main camera's culling mask to hide ObiCloth under certain conditions.

However, I notice ObiSolver performance still seems to take a hit depsite not being 'seen' by the camera.
Unsure if this is a bug or intended behaviour?

Also, I've noticed if an *additional* ObiSolver starts off off-screen, with 'Simulate When Invisible', this appears to cause an Editor crash.

Repro steps:
1. Create a new ObiSolver+ObiCloth GameObject, with 'Simulate When Invisible' ticked.
2. Copy and Paste the object, and move it out of camera view.
3. Hit Play.

Thanks in advance.

Much appreciated.
(26-04-2018, 10:23 PM)jabza Wrote: Hi,

In my project, I'm changing the main camera's culling mask to hide ObiCloth under certain conditions.

However, I notice ObiSolver performance still seems to take a hit depsite not being 'seen' by the camera.
Unsure if this is a bug or intended behaviour?

Also, I've noticed if an *additional* ObiSolver starts off off-screen, with 'Simulate When Invisible', this appears to cause an Editor crash.

Repro steps:
1. Create a new ObiSolver+ObiCloth GameObject, with 'Simulate When Invisible' ticked.
2. Copy and Paste the object, and move it out of camera view.
3. Hit Play.

Thanks in advance.

Much appreciated.

Hi,

Even if a ObiSolver is completely invisible by any camera, a small performance overhead still remains, this is perfectly normal.

I'm unable to reproduce the crash following these steps in 3.3 or 3.4, both under Unity 2017.3.1p1. I'm using the CharacterCloth test scene, duplicating the character and moving it outside of the camera view with "Simulate When Invisible" ticked.