Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  ethan soft deformation by flag
Hello

This is a brillant asset, but Im stuck trying to build something.

Im trying to duplicate the cloth asset video showing ethan from the standard assets being deformed by a flag instead of his own mesh.
I have a complex mesh and I want to use a simple hull to drive its deformation.
Ive tried building a normal cloth sim and changing the 'shared topology' but it simply overwrites the mesh filter. I haven't been able to get 2 separate objects to share or use a third cloth mesh topology object but the asset builder has demonstrated this is possible, I just can't figure out how.

Any suggestions?
(17-04-2018, 04:49 AM)onlyconscripted Wrote: Hello

This is a brillant asset, but Im stuck trying to build something.

Im trying to duplicate the cloth asset video showing ethan from the standard assets being deformed by a flag instead of his own mesh.
I have a complex mesh and I want to use a simple hull to drive its deformation.
Ive tried building a normal cloth sim and changing the 'shared topology' but it simply overwrites the mesh filter. I haven't been able to get 2 separate objects to share or use a third cloth mesh topology object but the asset builder has demonstrated this is possible, I just can't figure out how.

Any suggestions?

Use proxies:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...oxies.html

cheers!
(17-04-2018, 07:45 AM)josemendez Wrote: Use proxies:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...oxies.html

cheers!

Excellent. I figured I must be missing something fairly vital. Ive got a test proxie set up working, its kind of a mess of bad skinning results, but its definitely on its way. So i'll just tinker with it until I know what Im doing. thanks

I did discover a repeatable crash to desktop for unity doing this. In the skin map object, I put the source topology as the low res object, and the target mesh as the high res. then bound the skin in the edit skin map window, which worked, and then ran the game. This is obviously wrong, but there's no warnings that this will crash. which it did, every time, until I eventually found it