Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Compiler Error: Invalid Subscript _ShadowCoord
Hi there!
I bought your asset yesterday and It's wonderful if not a bit complex to figure out! I'm on Unity 2017.3.1f1.

I'm having the same error as this chap: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...d-293.html

But for me it's in the cloth, not the rope, and my Shaders already have the lines you instructed them to add.

Here's the complete error:

Shader error in 'Obi/Particles': invalid subscript '_ShadowCoord' at line 92 (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK LIGHTPROBE_SH
Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING

So what should I do?
Thanks!
Dano @ Prismic Studios
Hi I'm still waiting for a reply, I really need this asset, but I can't build my game with it. Please help, thanks.
(20-04-2018, 03:15 PM)PrismicStudios Wrote: Hi I'm still waiting for a reply, I really need this asset, but I can't build my game with it. Please help, thanks.

Hi there!

What Obi and Unity versions are you using? Also, what are your lightmapping settings?
I'm on Unity 2017.3.1f1 and obi cloth 3.4

I'm using Mixed Lighting with baked global illumination in shadowmask mode for some scenes and all realtime in other scenes.
(20-04-2018, 08:33 PM)PrismicStudios Wrote: I'm on Unity 2017.3.1f1 and obi cloth 3.4

I'm using Mixed Lighting with baked global illumination in shadowmask mode for some scenes and all realtime in other scenes.

Hi there,

We are unable to reproduce this in 3.4. This bug was spotted and fixed in 3.2, so it would be a regression. We are investigating if a certain combination of light mapping / graphics options trigger it.

In the meantime, there's a relatively easy fix: If you're not using ObiParticleRenderer at runtime (which you most likely aren't), you can simply remove Resources/ObiMaterials/ParticleShader.shader and SimpleParticleShader.shader, or leave them out of the build, as they are only used for visualization/debug purposes and do not affect the simulation at all. Doing this will allow you to build your game.

kind regards,