Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  V3.4 Optimization
Hey! I'm trying to make an Android game using obiRope. But after 3.4 update, it seems like optimization got worse. Even justĀ putting couple of ropes in the scene, causes FPS problems. On PC (in unity editor) the scene with 30 ropes has 13FPS (which is not big problem for me) and on Android (after building) the scene with 7-8 ropes has ~15FPS (which is my problem). I use everything default about rope (Solver, Constraints etc.). Is there any suggestions to optimize this? Thanks in advance.
(06-04-2018, 01:23 PM)Cannias Wrote: Hey! I'm trying to make an Android game using obiRope. But after 3.4 update, it seems like optimization got worse. Even justĀ putting couple of ropes in the scene, causes FPS problems. On PC (in unity editor) the scene with 30 ropes has 13FPS (which is not big problem for me) and on Android (after building) the scene with 7-8 ropes has ~15FPS (which is my problem). I use everything default about rope (Solver, Constraints etc.). Is there any suggestions to optimize this? Thanks in advance.

Hi Cannias,

Only thing done in 3.4 that could affect performance is adding particle anisotropies. Try setting the solver's Max anisotropy to the minimum, see if that improves performance in your device.

cheers,