Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Exceptions using custom meshes
Hello,
I bought the Obi package today. I'm having some problems setting up the clothes. 
The first exception I get is when, after creating the topology mesh, I click on the initialize button. This is the exception I get

[Image: ?ui=2&ik=0f4da87a96&view=fimg&th=1629aaa...&zw&atsh=1]

Despite the exception, it seems that the cloth gets initialized but if I click on the Edit Particles button I get this other exception

Note that I've tried the exact same process on a Sphere and I don't get any error so I think that it might be the specific meshes I'm using that are creating troubles.
Is there a limit to the number of vertices within a mesh that I need to respect?

Thanks in advance for your help.
(06-04-2018, 12:42 PM)JoeKer Wrote: Hello,
I bought the Obi package today. I'm having some problems setting up the clothes. 
The first exception I get is when, after creating the topology mesh, I click on the initialize button. This is the exception I get

Despite the exception, it seems that the cloth gets initialized but if I click on the Edit Particles button I get this other exception

Note that I've tried the exact same process on a Sphere and I don't get any error so I think that it might be the specific meshes I'm using that are creating troubles.
Is there a limit to the number of vertices within a mesh that I need to respect?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi there,

I can't see any of the images you posted.

Make sure that the mesh you use is 2-manifold. Non-manifold meshes are not supported. Most of the time, when using a non-manifold mesh, if the topology is able to detect the cause of the non-manifoldness it will show a warning. Certain malformed meshes can slip trough this sometimes, though.