Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with drawing rope curve
Hi, 
I just bought obi rope, and the tutorial / samples say I can draw a curve to create the rope.
But both curves (catmull and bezier) don't show any handles to edit the curve in the editor.
Any ideas whats going wrong? Any settings I should check?
I'm using Unity 2017.3

-Wijnand
(24-03-2018, 08:32 PM)wijnandvantol Wrote: Hi, 
I just bought obi rope, and the tutorial / samples say I can draw a curve to create the rope.
But both curves (catmull and bezier) don't show any handles to edit the curve in the editor.
Any ideas whats going wrong? Any settings I should check?
I'm using Unity 2017.3

-Wijnand

Hi there,

As long as the curve component is unfolded in the inspector, the handles (which are drawn as gizmos) should be visible.

cheers!
(24-03-2018, 08:50 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

As long as the curve component is unfolded in the inspector, the handles (which are drawn as gizmos) should be visible.

cheers!

It's unfolded, but the handles are not visible. The spline itself is, and I can add new segments, but I cant manipulate them. I alos checked if all the gizmos are turned on... Indeciso
(24-03-2018, 09:30 PM)wijnandvantol Wrote: It's unfolded, but the handles are not visible. The spline itself is, and I can add new segments, but I cant manipulate them. I alos checked if all the gizmos are turned on... Indeciso

Hmm, that's weird. I will try to reproduce it and get back to you asap.
Just installed ObiRope 3.3.1 in Unity 2017.3.1f1, but I'm unable to reproduce this. The handles show fine for me in all test scenes, and when creating a new rope in an empty scene:

[Image: OQrtBuU.png]

Can you tell if the handles are visible in any of the sample scenes for you?
(24-03-2018, 09:56 PM)josemendez Wrote: Just installed ObiRope 3.3.1 in Unity 2017.3.1f1, but I'm unable to reproduce this. The handles show fine for me in all test scenes, and when creating a new rope in an empty scene:

[Image: OQrtBuU.png]

Can you tell if the handles are visible in any of the sample scenes for you?

The screenshot I posted is from one of the sample scenes, and none of them show the handles. Everything else works...
(24-03-2018, 10:09 PM)wijnandvantol Wrote: The screenshot I posted is from one of the sample scenes, and none of them show the handles. Everything else works...

Just tried on Windows too (I generally develop on a Mac), but it works fine for me there too.

The handles are drawn using Handles.DotHandleCap in OnSceneGUI, nothing too special. No other user has ever reported this, which is strange as something so obvious should have been reported by someone and fixed by now... do you see any error in the console? to be honest, I'm quite baffled by this... Huh

Edit: This is a bit of a shot in the dark but... do you happen to have a inspector open in debug mode? this will prevent all handles from drawing... in the pic you posted, there seems to be one. In that case, just exit debug mode and the handles will appear.
Ok, not sure what went wrong, but it turned out to be a Unity issue. 
Even a most basic editor script with an OnSceneUI function wasn't working. Resetting my layout to default settings fixed it ...
Thanks for the help anyway! Helped me at least figure out where Unity messed up ;-)

-Wijnand
(25-03-2018, 12:12 AM)wijnandvantol Wrote: Ok, not sure what went wrong, but it turned out to be a Unity issue. 
Even a most basic editor script with an OnSceneUI function wasn't working. Resetting my layout to default settings fixed it ...
Thanks for the help anyway! Helped me at least figure out where Unity messed up ;-)

-Wijnand

Hi Wijnand,

As I wrote in the previous post, I think the issue was that you had a inspector window in debug mode. When having an inspector in debug mode, OnSceneGUI will not be called. Only basic editor functionality will work.

Resetting your layout will have closed the inspector, thus fixing the issue. Glad you sorted it out.

cheers!