Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with using Obi Cloth and LeapMotion Hands
I'm working on a project which need to use LeapMotion for the input and ObiCloth for the physical properties of the game objects in Unity 3D. It seems good in the first time i use. But when i try to add Obi Cloth for an object. It crashed. Then, it crashed for all the object which is using ObiCloth. Are there any confliction between LeapMotion Hands (Capsule Collider) with the Obi Cloth? Please help !
(17-07-2017, 09:53 AM)matchalover Wrote: I'm working on a project which need to use LeapMotion for the input and ObiCloth for the physical properties of the game objects in Unity 3D. It seems good in the first time i use. But when i try to add Obi Cloth for an object. It crashed. Then, it crashed for all the object which is using ObiCloth. Are there any confliction between LeapMotion Hands (Capsule Collider) with the Obi Cloth? Please help !

Hi matchalover,

Haven't tried Obi together with Leap. Should not be any kind of incompatibility or conflict since both "live" in separate libraries. Without having more info about the crash and possibly a crash log it is pretty much impossible to tell what the problem could be.
(17-07-2017, 03:47 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi matchalover,

Haven't tried Obi together with Leap. Should not be any kind of incompatibility or conflict since both "live" in separate libraries. Without having more info about the crash and possibly a crash log it is pretty much impossible to tell what the problem could be.

Thanks for your support. It's okay now but seems to be lag when i add ObiCloth to 6 or more game objects. I mean it's still good when use only 1 hand of Leap Motion but not two although there are not any collision.
(18-07-2017, 05:19 AM)matchalover Wrote: Thanks for your support. It's okay now but seems to be lag when i add ObiCloth to 6 or more game objects. I mean it's still good when use only 1 hand of Leap Motion but not two although there are not any collision.

Performance does not depend on the amount of cloth objects, but on the amount of particles combined and the amount of solver iterations. If your objects are detailed and/or you are using a high amount of iterations, performance will of course suffer.

This means, it is possible to get bad performance for just 1 object (if it is a dense mesh, or used a lot of iterations) or very good performance for lots of objects. Check the "Benchmark" sample scene for a scene with 16 cloth objects running at +150 fps.