Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  No collision with the object
Triste 
Hi all,

I have set up the fluid (see attached) but there is no collision with the object.
Sorry to bother you all as I read the FAQ already but got stuck ><
Super thanks again!!

Best,

Mike
(17-03-2018, 04:52 PM)mikechui Wrote: Hi all,

I have set up the fluid (see attached) but there is no collision with the object.
Sorry to bother you all as I read the FAQ already but got stuck ><
Super thanks again!!

Best,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Make sure that:

- The object has a ObiCollider component.
- The object is placed in any of the layers marked in the ObiSolver as "collision layers".
- The collider and the emitter's "phase" values are different. That is, a collider with a phase value of 0 and a emitter with a fluid phase value of 0 will ignore each other.

cheers,
(18-03-2018, 12:58 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Mike,

Make sure that:

- The object has a ObiCollider component.
- The object is placed in any of the layers marked in the ObiSolver as "collision layers".
- The collider and the emitter's "phase" values are different. That is, a collider with a phase value of 0 and a emitter with a fluid phase value of 0 will ignore each other.

cheers,

Hi Jose,

It is great to have your support but I am not sure if "Obi Fluid" comes with "ObiCollider Component", or I have to buy other Obi products from Asset Store?  Thank you very much.

Best,

Mike
(21-03-2018, 02:05 AM)mikechui Wrote: Hi Jose,

It is great to have your support but I am not sure if "Obi Fluid" comes with "ObiCollider Component", or I have to buy other Obi products from Asset Store?  Thank you very much.

Best,

Mike

Hi Mike,

It does come with it, as it is an integral part of the system. Simply select any object that contains a regular collider, click on "AddComponent" in its inspector, then search for "ObiCollider".

For more info, you can check the "collisions" section of the manual:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...sions.html
(21-03-2018, 08:53 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Mike,

It does come with it, as it is an integral part of the system. Simply select any object that contains a regular collider, click on "AddComponent" in its inspector, then search for "ObiCollider".

For more info, you can check the "collisions" section of the manual:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...sions.html

Hi Jose,

Just continue working it on it after a week's break and found one issue is the "Mesh Collider" (in Unity) of the cup has been misaligned with the cup.obj that made no collision with the "Obi Emitter" and now fixed.  Thank you so much for your support and all suggestions and sure will recommend other friends of Unity to buy the plug-in.

Best,

Mike