Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Particle count question
Hi,

I started using Obicloth today and am really liking it so far.

I'm using it for the webbing of a skinned wingsuit character we have.

The mesh itself is 7800 verts however in the cloth I have optimized the particles to only use the vertices in the webbing. 

There are 3 dynamics sections of the mesh, between the arms and torso and between the legs. In total there are 106 blue unfixed verts, and 112 surrounding red fixed verts.

This works and looks great, however currently takes about 3ms a frame and for one character uses 4.9k particles.

I'm trying to optimize the settings however none seem to make a big dent in the frame time.

Is this amount of particles correct? When I add a particle renderer there isn't that many and it's obviously significantly more than there are verts being used.

Also I was hoping I could find some settings to tune performance vs quality. 

I have the solver settings really low at the moment (most on 1) and the quality is fine, I would like to reduce it more if I could increase performance.

Thanks,
Jackson
Here is a picture of the character for clarification
(09-03-2018, 12:28 AM)jackson93 Wrote: Here is a picture of the character for clarification

Hi,

Optimizing particles away just excludes them from the simulation, but it does not destroy them. They're still needed to update the mesh vertices, and this has a small overhead. If you have so very few simulated vertices, I'd recommend splitting your mesh in two parts.