Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Twist a belt with Obi Rope
I'm trying to make a belt with Obi Rope. I created a cross section that is flat and the resulting "belt" looks OK. I created a handle on the belt and parented it to a buckle. I want to be able to turn the buckle so that the belt also turns so that I can see the underside of the belt. When I do this though it looks like the part of the belt closest to the buckle turns but not the entire belt. I've also tried to pin multiple particles together to an obi collider but the results are similar.

Is this possible with Obi Rope? Am I missing a setting somewhere? Do I need something like Obi Cloth because the belt is more like a surface than a spline?

Thanks.
(07-03-2018, 11:25 PM)darkcser Wrote: I'm trying to make a belt with Obi Rope. I created a cross section that is flat and the resulting "belt" looks OK. I created a handle on the belt and parented it to a buckle. I want to be able to turn the buckle so that the belt also turns so that I can see the underside of the belt. When I do this though it looks like the part of the belt closest to the buckle turns but not the entire belt. I've also tried to pin multiple particles together to an obi collider but the results are similar.

Is this possible with Obi Rope? Am I missing a setting somewhere? Do I need something like Obi Cloth because the belt is more like a surface than a spline?

Thanks.

Hi,

ObiRope does not consider torsion. That means that the motion around its principal axis (length) cannot be controlled: a rope is essentially a chain of points, and a point (by definition) is invariant under rotation. You will need to use ObiCloth for this, and model the belt using a stripe instead of a rope.

cheers,