Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
compiler error messages
Hi

Hope this is the right way to ask. Just got a copy of OBI fluid. Works fine and seems to be a great asset.

Obi program works fine if installed alone, but if I also install Unity's standard assets either before or after installing OBI fluid, several compiler errors appear. They do not appear if I include Obi fluid alone or standard assets alone. Looks like this...

Assets/Standard Assets/2D/Scripts/Platformer2DUserControl.cs(3,27): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `CrossPlatformInput' does not exist in the namespace `UnityStandardAssets'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

etc...

I use Unity 2017.1.0f3 and have also tried 5.6 and I have the latest standard assets

most likely a simple problem but if anyone has an idea, please help me
(13-07-2017, 02:24 PM)ampers_andy Wrote: Hi

Hope this is the right way to ask. Just got a copy of OBI fluid. Works fine and seems to be a great asset.

Obi program works fine if installed alone, but if I also install Unity's standard assets either before or after installing OBI fluid, several compiler errors appear. They do not appear if I include Obi fluid alone or standard assets alone. Looks like this...

Assets/Standard Assets/2D/Scripts/Platformer2DUserControl.cs(3,27): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `CrossPlatformInput' does not exist in the namespace `UnityStandardAssets'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

etc...

I use Unity 2017.1.0f3 and have also tried 5.6 and I have the latest standard assets

most likely a simple problem but if anyone has an idea, please help me

Seems like a class name / namespaces clash. Just try renaming the CrossPlatformInput class to something else.