Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Obi7 | Fluid collision with skinned mesh
(02-09-2024, 10:01 AM)josemendez Wrote: It can, but not in realtime. Building an adaptive SDF is a very expensive operation.

Thanks a lot. "Runtime but not realtime" is exactly a solution I'm looking for. I'm ok with spending some time on character creation process to create an sdf for a freshly generated character to use it later for a simulation.
(03-09-2024, 12:56 AM)sam3dx Wrote: Thanks a lot. "Runtime but not realtime" is exactly a solution I'm looking for. I'm ok with spending some time on character creation process to create an sdf for a freshly generated character to use it later for a simulation.

Hi,

You can generate a SDF at runtime by calling its Generate() coroutine. See the API docs for ObiDistanceField.

I'm a bit confused though, since you mentioned:

Quote:I'm using the runtime colliders creation currently and I'm not happy with the level of precision they provide.

I was under the impression that you wanted to use a single SDF for the entire character, to get that extra precision over the "multiple colliders attached to bones" approach. Keep in mind that by definition, SDFs cannot deform. So if you want a single SDF for the entire character mesh, you must generate it in realtime as it must be updated every time the character moves (in other words, every frame).

kind regards,