Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Cloth Collision with Shuriken Particles
First i noticed a small mistake in example for Scripting Collisions in Online Documentation for Version 7. The class ObiCollisionEventArgs no longer exists, you might want to update it. I checked the signature of method and it ObiNativeContactList, so I fixed the example.

I want to ask that Im using Unity particle system and I want them to be destroyed by Obi Cloth or atleast they should not cross dynamic moving Obi Cloth. Particle System of Unity has its own collision and trigger module and it can destroy its own particles if it comes with in contact with a specific trigger or collider layer that we mention in its parameter. The problem is collision on Obi Cloth is very different, it does not use Unity Colliders or Layers. Is there anyway?

Like a complex option would I create a trigger collider and move it along with cloth particles but that would be unrealistic.
(02-09-2024, 09:45 AM)vrtraining Wrote: First i noticed a small mistake in example for Scripting Collisions in Online Documentation for Version 7. The class ObiCollisionEventArgs no longer exists, you might want to update it. I checked the signature of method and it ObiNativeContactList, so I fixed the example.
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this! Will correct the documentation asap.

(02-09-2024, 09:45 AM)vrtraining Wrote: I want to ask that Im using Unity particle system and I want them to be destroyed by Obi Cloth or atleast they should not cross dynamic moving Obi Cloth. Particle System of Unity has its own collision and trigger module and it can destroy its own particles if it comes with in contact with a specific trigger or collider layer that we mention in its parameter. The problem is collision on Obi Cloth is very different, it does not use Unity Colliders or Layers. Is there anyway?

Like a complex option would I create a trigger collider and move it along with cloth particles but that would be unrealistic.

There's no built-in way for Unity particles and Obi particles to collide with each other. Obi particles have their own collision detection system, optimized for a very large amount of particles to be able to collide with each other, something that Unity particles cannot do.

Your best bet here is to implement your own system that takes Obi's particle positions and Unity's particle positions, and detect when they're close to each other to trigger any actions you want to take place. This is a complex endeavor, and one that requires careful performance considerations as it can get very expensive.

kind regards,