Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Edit Path mode not working
I'm on 2022.3.27f1. 

I added blueprint

I reset the layout

Re-import all

still no edit path. 

I got "Failed loading overlay Obi Path Editor" error message on console but forgot to take screenshot of it
(05-08-2024, 06:17 PM)steelroach Wrote: I'm on 2022.3.27f1. 

I added blueprint

I reset the layout

Re-import all

still no edit path. 

I got "Failed loading overlay Obi Path Editor" error message on console but forgot to take screenshot of it

Hi,

I’m unable to reproduce this. What happens when you press the “Edit Path” button in the rope inspector? Nothing at all? Does it stay pressed? The path editor uses Unity’s tool overlay system, so maybe it’s docked/minimized?

Kind regards,
(05-08-2024, 06:56 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

I’m unable to reproduce this. What happens when you press the “Edit Path” button in the rope inspector? Nothing at all? Does it stay pressed? The path editor uses Unity’s tool overlay system, so maybe it’s docked/minimized?

Kind regards,

It stays pressed, the little edit window shows up but it's not entering the editing window view (like prefab view) and mouse look around is not working. I can edit the blueprint but in a bugged way.

I'll try to provide you some screenshots soon
Hi,

There’s no “edit view” since the path editor is a scene overlay - not a stage, like prefab mode. If the small window overlayed on top of the sceneview shows up, then it’s working as intended.

Editing things in Unity’s scene view is always done using gizmos. Make sure gizmos are enabled though (toggle button in the top-right corner of the sceneview!), otherwise you won’t be able to visually manipulate control points and will only be able to edit them using the numeric fields in the overlay window. Seems like this might the problem you’re experiencing?

Mouse look around not working is strange. Are you using Windows or Mac?
(05-08-2024, 08:26 PM)josemendez Wrote: Mouse look around not working is strange. Are you using Windows or Mac?

Got to reproduce this: in Windows, looking around in fly trough mode using right click + drag doesn't work while the path editor is open, looking around using alt + left click does.

I've corrected this. Replace the ObiPathHandles.cs file in your project with the one attached, that should fix it.

let me know if I can be of further help,

kind regards

Attached Files
.cs   ObiPathHandles.cs (Size: 10.73 KB / Downloads: 0)