Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Fluid falling through bucket
Dedo abajo 
Is it possible to create the facuet and bucket scene but stop the water from falling through the buckets?
Anytime the cups are moved to quickly the water falls through the walls and bottom of the bucket. I need to hold water in a bucket but take care for water flying out of the bucket if the user gets....to excited.
My only idea is to put a invisible lid on the bucket to help it from pouring out until time, and destroying particles that fly out, and recreating them when they are destroyed.

I read in another post about using distance fields for improved performance???
When I try and create a distance field on the bucket (I also click the generate button on the df). I place it on the bucket but the water falls straight through. I can recreate the test environment and get that working just fine.
(01-03-2018, 06:59 PM)yulaw2k Wrote: Is it possible to create the facuet and bucket scene but stop the water from falling through the buckets?
Anytime the cups are moved to quickly the water falls through the walls and bottom of the bucket. I need to hold water in a bucket but take care for water flying out of the bucket if the user gets....to excited.
My only idea is to put a invisible lid on the bucket to help it from pouring out until time, and destroying particles that fly out, and recreating them when they are destroyed.

I read in another post about using distance fields for improved performance???
When I try and create a distance field on the bucket (I also click the generate button on the df). I place it on the bucket but the water falls straight through. I can recreate the test environment and get that working just fine.

I have same problemTriste
(05-05-2018, 08:25 AM)phields Wrote: I have same problemTriste

Hi there,

This is common problem called tunneling, you can read about it online. It is inherent to all physics engines: time is discretized into small chunks, so if something small moves too much between one frame and the next, it can simply "teleport" across a thin wall without ever colliding with it. Obi uses continuous collision detection (CCD) to alleviate this a bit. However it is impossible to completely prevent it under all circumstances.

Common workarounds include limiting the user's movement speed or decreasing the physics timestep (so that time "chunks" are smaller).