Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ObiFluid prints a lot of shader warnings

ObiFluid (7.0 in this case) prints a lot of shader warning to the console upon entering the play mode.

I suppose these can be safely ignored. However it's very inconvenientĀ to develop/debug anything when your console is spammed like this.

Typicial warning is:

Shader warning in 'ParticleGrid(Clone)': signed/unsigned mismatch, unsigned assumed at kernel BuildFluidDispatch at ParticleGrid.compute(359) (on d3d11)

One possible solution seems to be adding this in MathUtils.cginc:

#pragma warning (disable : 3203)
#pragma warning (disable : 3206)

But I don't think it's necessarily a good idea, and even if it is I'd hope to get it officially fixed, otherwise I'll have to manually put these lines every time I upgrade Obi version.
(08-04-2024, 04:42 AM)kodra Wrote: ObiFluid (7.0 in this case) prints a lot of shader warning to the console upon entering the play mode.

I suppose these can be safely ignored. However it's very inconvenientĀ to develop/debug anything when your console is spammed like this.

Typicial warning is:

Shader warning in 'ParticleGrid(Clone)': signed/unsigned mismatch, unsigned assumed at kernel BuildFluidDispatch at ParticleGrid.compute(359) (on d3d11)

One possible solution seems to be adding this in MathUtils.cginc:

#pragma warning (disable : 3203)
#pragma warning (disable : 3206)

But I don't think it's necessarily a good idea, and even if it is I'd hope to get it officially fixed, otherwise I'll have to manually put these lines every time I upgrade Obi version.

Hi!

Yes, the beta still has a consideravle amount of warnings when using the compute backend. These will be removed once the codebase stabilizes before the release.

Kind regards