Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
360 Recorder and VR
Hello,

I have not purchased the asset yet, but was looking for some information before I do. I am looking to use the asset both in VR and also with Unity Recorder in 360 mode. Can anyone tell me if these will work? I have found with other assets that sometimes the 360 recorder failed when post processing effects occurred, so I wanted to check the information on this one! Similarly I have found effects not working in the VR headset.

Thanks,
   Chris
(03-04-2024, 10:23 PM)Ictcmn Wrote: Hello,

I have not purchased the asset yet, but was looking for some information before I do. I am looking to use the asset both in VR and also with Unity Recorder in 360 mode. Can anyone tell me if these will work? I have found with other assets that sometimes the 360 recorder failed when post processing effects occurred, so I wanted to check the information on this one! Similarly I have found effects not working in the VR headset.

Thanks,
   Chris

Hi Chris,

360º won't work with fluid rendering, since it requires a custom projection method. ObiFluid currently only supports perspective and orthographic projections. Obi 7 (which is now in beta) does support arbitrary projections, since it extracts a full mesh out of the fluid's surface instead of using ellipsoid splatting as its main rendering method, and it's hence independent of the camera projection method used.

VR will only work in the Built-in pipeline, using one camera per eye. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/faq.html

Quote:Does it support VR (Virtual Reality)?

Cloth, Rope and Softbodies support VR. For Obi Fluid, VR is only supported in the built-in pipeline, and it's necessary to use separate cameras for each eye since the renderer does not support single-pass stereo rendering.

kind regards,
(04-04-2024, 08:07 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Chris,

360º won't work with fluid rendering, since it requires a custom projection method. ObiFluid currently only supports perspective and orthographic projections. Obi 7 (which is now in beta) does support arbitrary projections, since it extracts a full mesh out of the fluid's surface instead of using ellipsoid splatting as its main rendering method, and it's hence independent of the camera projection method used.

VR will only work in the Built-in pipeline, using one camera per eye. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/faq.html

kind regards,
Hi Jose,

Thanks for the fast and thorough response! So for VR - I believe that means it won't work in XR Origin rigs cos that's one camera, but it should work with OVR Controller cos that has a left and right eye?

I think given that info I will purchase the asset and sign up for the beta! Are you still accepting testers?

Thanks,
   Chris