Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help: Making a cable with plug on each end?
I am trying to make a cable with a plug on each end of the cable.  I have attached the plugs to each end using an attachment.  However, when i drag one of the plugs in the application rather than the plug at the other end been dragged along with the rope the rope just stretches and the plug at the end remains in the same place.

How can i get it so that when i pull plug at the start the plug at the end drags.  I want the cable to remain a fixed length.

Thanks in advance.
(02-01-2024, 01:05 PM)qualar Wrote: I am trying to make a cable with a plug on each end of the cable.  I have attached the plugs to each end using an attachment.  However, when i drag one of the plugs in the application rather than the plug at the other end been dragged along with the rope the rope just stretches and the plug at the end remains in the same place.

How can i get it so that when i pull plug at the start the plug at the end drags.  I want the cable to remain a fixed length.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Make sure the plugs have Rigidbody components, and that the attachments are set to “dynamic” instead of “static”. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ments.html

Kind regards,
(02-01-2024, 08:32 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Make sure the plugs have Rigidbody components, and that the attachments are set to “dynamic” instead of “static”. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ments.html

Kind regards,

Thankyou.  I have tried this and the rope some to go insane bouncing everywhere. Is there any way to get the rope to be stable rather than jumping around?
(02-01-2024, 10:25 PM)qualar Wrote: Thankyou.  I have tried this and the rope some to go insane bouncing everywhere.  Is there any way to get the rope to be stable rather than jumping around?

Hi,

Make sure the rope is not attached inside a collider that's colliding with the rope as explained in the link I posted in my previous message, as it will cause the rope to bounce around as it tries to escape from inside the collider (in vain, because it's attached to it.) In this case, simplest solution is to use collision filters to deactivate collisions between the collider and the rope.