Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disable self collision on granular particles
I want to disable self collisions on my granular particles.
I found a thread where you explained using the emitter.solverPhases but this is no longer a property. I tried doing the same with solver.phases as I assumed it was moved but this causes the particles to fall through the collider
(14-12-2023, 09:53 AM)413866 Wrote: I want to disable self collisions on my granular particles.
I found a thread where you explained using the emitter.solverPhases but this is no longer a property. I tried doing the same with solver.phases as I assumed it was moved but this causes the particles to fall through the collider

You can globally disable particle collisions in the solver, by unchecking "particle collision constraints" in the constraints foldout.

In case you want to disable collisions for specific particles only, you do this by setting solver.phases indeed. However you must only zero-out the flags, while keeping the collision group intact:

Code:
int group = ObiUtils.GetGroupFromPhase(solver.phases[index]);
solver.phases[index] = ObiUtils.MakePhase(group, 0); // set the flags to zero: no fluid, no one-sided, no self-collisions.

kind regards,