Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fluid not rendering on android using compute backend
When using the compute backend on android build the fluid does not render.

Anything I am missing?
(12-12-2023, 08:58 AM)413866 Wrote: When using the compute backend on android build the fluid does not render.

Anything I am missing?

Hi!

Since you mention compute, I guess this is about the v7 beta? Please write to obi+beta@virtualmethodstudio.com for future beta related inquiries/support.

Which Android device are you testing on? Tested on a Galaxy Note and it renders fine for me. Also, what are your fluid pass settings (specifically material type: opaque, transparent or custom?

Can you check the adb logs (logcat)? Do any errors/issues show up?

kind regards.
(12-12-2023, 09:55 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

Since you mention compute, I guess this is about the v7 beta? Please write to obi+beta@virtualmethodstudio.com for future beta related inquiries/support.

Which Android device are you testing on? Tested on a Galaxy Note and it renders fine for me. Also, what are your fluid pass settings (specifically material type: opaque, transparent or custom?

Can you check the adb logs (logcat)? Do any errors/issues show up?

kind regards.

I just discovered that it has to do with the vulkan graphics API. when I run it on a android phone using OpenGLEs3 it works but not using Vulcan but I need Vulcan for the quest 3
(12-12-2023, 10:57 AM)413866 Wrote: I just discovered that it has to do with the vulkan graphics API. when I run it on a android phone using OpenGLEs3 it works but not using Vulcan but I need Vulcan for the quest 3

We haven't tested the compute backend on Vulkan, only DX11, DX12, OpenGL and Metal so far. We will test on Vulkan and get back to you, but this may take some time as we're still working on other issues related to the beta.