Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Obi7Fluid_beta Shader errors on build
Hi,

After successfully installing Obi7Fluid_beta with a few small code modification you explained here, I add xr related plugin to the project, replace the main camera to OVR camera rig and tried to build it for the meta quest, then I received two shader errors in the log. They are two but seems the same error so maybe I can assume I got one error. The message is as below:

Code:
Shader error in 'Shader Graphs/IndirectTransparent': invalid subscript 'shadowCoord' at /UnityProjects/URP_Obi7/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.shadergraph@14.0.9/Editor/Generation/Targets/BuiltIn/Editor/ShaderGraph/Includes/Varyings.hlsl(132) (on vulkan)

Compiling Subshader: 1, Pass: Pass, Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL LIGHTPROBE_SH STEREO_MULTIVIEW_ON _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS
Platform defines: SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION
Disabled keywords: DIRLIGHTMAP_COMBINED DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_ON FOG_EXP FOG_EXP2 FOG_LINEAR INSTANCING_ON LIGHTMAP_ON LIGHTMAP_SHADOW_MIXING SHADER_API_GLES30 SHADOWS_SCREEN SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING VERTEXLIGHT_ON _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS_CASCADE _SHADOWS_SOFT

How can I fix this?
Unity 2022.3.13f1 (Android/URP/Vulkan) 
Universal RP 14.0.9 
Burst 1.8.9 
Collections 2.1.4 
Mathematics 1.2.6

(30-11-2023, 04:53 AM)Snail921 Wrote: Hi,

After successfully installing Obi7Fluid_beta with a few small code modification you explained here, I add xr related plugin to the project, replace the main camera to OVR camera rig and tried to build it for the meta quest, then I received two shader errors in the log. They are two but seems the same error so maybe I can assume I got one error. The message is as below:

Code:
Shader error in 'Shader Graphs/IndirectTransparent': invalid subscript 'shadowCoord' at /UnityProjects/URP_Obi7/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.shadergraph@14.0.9/Editor/Generation/Targets/BuiltIn/Editor/ShaderGraph/Includes/Varyings.hlsl(132) (on vulkan)

Compiling Subshader: 1, Pass: Pass, Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL LIGHTPROBE_SH STEREO_MULTIVIEW_ON _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS
Platform defines: SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION
Disabled keywords: DIRLIGHTMAP_COMBINED DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_ON FOG_EXP FOG_EXP2 FOG_LINEAR INSTANCING_ON LIGHTMAP_ON LIGHTMAP_SHADOW_MIXING SHADER_API_GLES30 SHADOWS_SCREEN SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING VERTEXLIGHT_ON _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS_CASCADE _SHADOWS_SOFT

How can I fix this?
Unity 2022.3.13f1 (Android/URP/Vulkan) 
Universal RP 14.0.9 
Burst 1.8.9 
Collections 2.1.4 
Mathematics 1.2.6

Hi,

Can't reproduce this. What are your project's quality settings for Android, and your lighting settings for the scene?
(30-11-2023, 07:28 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Can't reproduce this. What are your project's quality settings for Android, and your lighting settings for the scene?
Indeed I have never changed settings yet, so quality settings has been set to URP-Baranced without any tweaks.
For the lighting, I don't touch any lighting or light settings of the FluidViscosty.scene.
This project only contains Obi7Fluid_beta and minimal assets for Meta Quest development because I newly created a project to scope down the source of issues.
I have another project which I have tweaked some quality settings such as lighting and shadows emits the exact same error though.
I attach a screenshot with which you may be able to grab some information of the project but if you need any other information, let me know please.
Thanks!

Hi,

Could reproduce this, and found a somewhat strange solution: remove "Built-in" from the shader's compilation targets list in ShaderGraph:

[Image: 2CQAJzP.png]

Now, why would having an unused render pipeline in the list of targets affect compilation for an entirely different pipeline is beyond me. Imho, this is a bug in ShaderGraph.

let me know whether this fixes it for you too.

kind regards,
(30-11-2023, 09:50 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Could reproduce this, and found a somewhat strange solution: remove "Built-in" from the shader's compilation targets list in ShaderGraph:

[Image: 2CQAJzP.png]

Now, why would having an unused render pipeline in the list of targets affect compilation for an entirely different pipeline is beyond me. Imho, this is a bug in ShaderGraph.

let me know whether this fixes it for you too.

kind regards,
By removing Built in from the Active Target, I got another error like this:
Code:
Shader error in 'Shader Graphs/Master': Invalid conditional expression. at /UnityProjects/URP_Obi7/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@14.0.9/ShaderLibrary/Shadows.hlsl(284)

Thanks.
(30-11-2023, 10:07 AM)Snail921 Wrote: By removing Built in from the Active Target, I got another error like this:
Code:
Shader error in 'Shader Graphs/Master': Invalid conditional expression. at /UnityProjects/URP_Obi7/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@14.0.9/ShaderLibrary/Shadows.hlsl(284)

Thanks.

This isn't an error on any of the Obi shaders, but on URP itself. A quick search reveals it's a bug in URP 14, see:
https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-20...r.1390798/

This is the bug entry in their bug tracker:
https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/...-is-opened
(30-11-2023, 10:52 AM)josemendez Wrote: This isn't an error on any of the Obi shaders, but on URP itself. A quick search reveals it's a bug in URP 14, see:
https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-20...r.1390798/

This is the bug entry in their bug tracker:
https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/...-is-opened
Oh I see. Thank you so much for the information.
Some people said 2023 has performance overhead issue so I almost decided to go with 2022 for the next project but I will try 2023 for Obi7.
Few questions.
  • Which version of unity do you use for developing Obi 7? 
  • Which version do you recommend for it?
  • Fluid is not rendered in Quest3 when the solver set to compute. Do I miss something? or Is it supposed behavior?
Thanks!