Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ObiFluid installation problem
Hi,

Just purchased ObiFluid and looking forward to use it. However I have installation problem giving numerous errors on Unity 2022.37f1 , Apple Silicon.

I just tried to import it with the Package Manager on default 3D ( both non URP and URP ) projects. I have attached some screenshots for the error list.

Please advise on how to proceed for a clean installation. 

thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-10-2023, 05:45 AM)CosmosST Wrote: Hi,

Just purchased ObiFluid and looking forward to use it. However I have installation problem giving numerous errors on Unity 2022.37f1 , Apple Silicon.

I just tried to import it with the Package Manager on default 3D ( both non URP and URP ) projects. I have attached some screenshots for the error list.

Please advise on how to proceed for a clean installation. 

thank you.

Hi,

You need to follow the setup guide.

Specifically, make sure to install the required package dependencies for Burst. If there's missing dependencies, the asset will try to fall back to a native library which isn't supported in Apple Silicon architecture, as described in the manual. I'm also copy/pasting the exact package names/versions them here for convenience:

-Burst 1.3.3 or newer
-Collections 0.8.0-preview 5 or newer
-Mathematics 1.0.1 or newer
-Jobs 0.2.9-preview.15 or newer

Let me know if you need further help,

kind regards
Thank you for the reply.

I have installed Burst 1.8.9, Collections 2.1.4, Mathematics 1.2.6 and Jobs 0,70 

Jobs was not listed on Package Manager by default, so I had to add it manually by name using com.unity.jobs

There remains the following error attached regarding the Burst to run the ObiFluid on my side. 

thank you

(12-10-2023, 08:52 AM)CosmosST Wrote: Thank you for the reply.

I have installed Burst 1.8.9, Collections 2.1.4, Mathematics 1.2.6 and Jobs 0,70 

Jobs was not listed on Package Manager by default, so I had to add it manually by name using com.unity.jobs

There remains the following error attached regarding the Burst to run the ObiFluid on my side. 

thank you

Hi,

If you're using the latest Collections package version, they've updated the lists "length" property and is now called "Length".

Open up the NativeMultilevelGrid.cs file, line 74 (that the error is pointing you to) and replace length with Length (capital "L"). This should fix the problem.

kind regards,
(12-10-2023, 08:57 AM)josemendez Wrote: Thank you for your support. 

That issue is fixed. 
However when I try to run any example scene, I get this error on the console. ( attached ).

best regards. 

The ObiProfiler component can only be used with the Oni backend, which your platform is not compatible with Apple Silicon. Remove the ObiProfiler component in the scene(s).

kind regards,
(12-10-2023, 10:40 AM)josemendez Wrote: The ObiProfiler component can only be used with the Oni backend, which your platform is not compatible with Apple Silicon. Remove the ObiProfiler component in the scene(s).

kind regards,

Removing the Obi profiler from the main camera has worked it out.

Maybe it would be useful to add the above steps on the online document for Apple Silicon users.  

thanks.