Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Attaching rope control point to another object
Hello

I have a rope with 2 control points (start and end)

I want to attach the control points to 2 objects in the scene

In the editor I did it manually by just moving the control points to place them approximately to the objects, however I want perfect placement of the control point so that they coincides the objects center.

The object onto which the start control point is attached is stationary while the 2nd object onto which the end control point is attached is moving.

For proper rope behavior I added particle attachment to the rope, however I am struggling to align the control points to the objects center.

Is there any simpler way to do it in the editor?

Thank you.
(09-10-2023, 07:51 AM)rohit_dhak Wrote: For proper rope behavior I added particle attachment to the rope, however I am struggling to align the control points to the objects center.

Is there any simpler way to do it in the editor?

Hi,

You can use Unity's usual snapping tools while moving control points around. Eg: pressing "V" will allow you to snap control points to object vertices. Using Shift+Control (or Cmd in Mac) will snap the control points to object surfaces.

You can also copy/paste transform positions to the control point's position field (note that these are expressed in the rope's local space, so you'll need to convert the values by hand unless the rope is at 0,0,0 which can be cumbersome)

kind regards,