Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wierd 2017.3.1p1 Behavior...Gifs Attached!
Triste 
I finally decided to integrate Obi Cloth into my project today!  Like the title says, i'm working with Unity 2017.3.1p1 and i have no errors.  Imported Obi on an empty scene... No errors apart from 'variable assigned but not used' etc.  However, when checking out the example scenes before setting up anything in my scenes, everything is not reacting properly... Here are some gifs of 3 scenes.  All i did was hit play and as you can see...

https://imgur.com/a/fwDzp

Is there something I was supposed to do on import/installation?  Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Triste
(22-02-2018, 11:10 PM)Abuthar Wrote: I finally decided to integrate Obi Cloth into my project today!  Like the title says, i'm working with Unity 2017.3.1p1 and i have no errors.  Imported Obi on an empty scene... No errors apart from 'variable assigned but not used' etc.  However, when checking out the example scenes before setting up anything in my scenes, everything is not reacting properly... Here are some gifs of 3 scenes.  All i did was hit play and as you can see...

https://imgur.com/a/fwDzp

Is there something I was supposed to do on import/installation?  Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Triste

Hi there,

We cannot reproduce this behavior in 2017.3.1p1. Judging from the CPU timings shown, I'd say the physics engine is not running at all. Did you try restarting Unity after importing the asset? Sometimes Unity will not pick up native libraries immediately upon importing them, and will require a restart.

cheers,
(23-02-2018, 09:22 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

We cannot reproduce this behavior in 2017.3.1p1. Judging from the CPU timings shown, I'd say the physics engine is not running at all. Did you try restarting Unity after importing the asset? Sometimes Unity will not pick up native libraries immediately upon importing them, and will require a restart.

cheers,

Yes!  Restart and a reinstall as well.  I wonder what it could  be...
(23-02-2018, 09:28 AM)Abuthar Wrote: Yes!  Restart and a reinstall as well.  I wonder what it could  be...

It also really looks like you have set a HUGE value for your global physics timestep. Check in ProjectSettings->Time->FixedTimestep that you have a sane value (between 0.01 and 0.03, anything larger than 0.05 will make all physics in your project look awful. Unity's default is 0.02).

cheers,