Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Code Thickness?
Hi, 
I was looking in Docs but I see no reference to ScaleThickness. 

I do see something in the ObiRopeBlueprintBase called thickness, but attmepts to access are not going well. 

How can i code the thickness?

Thanks
(19-08-2023, 01:08 PM)Renman3000 Wrote: Hi, 
I was looking in Docs but I see no reference to ScaleThickness. 

I do see something in the ObiRopeBlueprintBase called thickness, but attmepts to access are not going well. 

How can i code the thickness?

Thanks

Hi,

There’s no such thing as ScaleThickness anywhere in Obi. The closest thing is ObiRopeExtrudedRenderer’s “thicknessScale” property, which scales the renderer’s thickness. Note this won’t affect the actual physical size of the rope particles, being a property of the renderer it just scales the thickness used to draw the rope.

The blueprint’s thickness only affects any ropes you create from that blueprint, won’t work if you want to change the thickness of an existing rope (remember that blueprint->actor is a one way road).

Actors in Obi are made of particles, so any changes you want to make to them at runtime must be done by modifying particle properties. Maybe you want to adjust the rope particles’ principal radii? You can do that just like any other particle property, using the particles API. See the “FireHose” sample scene for an example of this.

Kind regards,