Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Trouble with very small ropes
Hello, 

First of all think you for making a wonderful toolset with Obi Rope. 

I'm making a VR training app where the user needs to wield a tool that's connected to a cable, and the cable jack needs to be put into a slot. 
(Image something like holding an iPhone with a charging cable that you want to put into a USB slot)

When I have fairly large cables I don't have any problems, but when I make it a very small and thin cable (iphone charger) the cable doesn't attach to the tool properly, and it doesn't act good. Is there something I can do to remedy this?
(27-07-2023, 02:13 PM)bjornehoff Wrote: Hello, 

First of all think you for making a wonderful toolset with Obi Rope. 

I'm making a VR training app where the user needs to wield a tool that's connected to a cable, and the cable jack needs to be put into a slot. 
(Image something like holding an iPhone with a charging cable that you want to put into a USB slot)

When I have fairly large cables I don't have any problems, but when I make it a very small and thin cable (iphone charger) the cable doesn't attach to the tool properly, and it doesn't act good. Is there something I can do to remedy this?

Hi,

What do you mean exactly by “doesn’t attach properly/doesn’t act good”? could you elaborate, and/or share a video or example of this?

Off the top of my head, chances are your solver’s “sleep threshold” parameter is too large, as it uses energy units. The default value can be too large for very small simulations and cause them to stutter or act in a stop-motion fashion. Try reducing it accordingly.

kind regards,