Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  can tearablecloth be like egg membrane?
(24-07-2023, 07:18 AM)josemendez Wrote: Other than using the automatic force-based tearing (which doesn't allow you to choose which edges are torn, these are selected based on a force threshold) you can call the cloth's Tear(StructuralConstraint edge) method manually on edges of your choice, which makes the shape  of the torn area entirely up to you.

Note that after calling Tear() one or more times, you must call cloth.UpdateDeformableTriangles(); to update the cloth's visual representation.
Thanks, it helps me a lot, for an older post, I learn that distance lterations and substeps control elastic of cloth. in real practice, I  drag cloth at a random point, with I release drag, the cloth won't recover to its original form, it just keeps popping up at the drag point. How can I preserve this situation? 
Any reply will be appreciated!
(24-07-2023, 07:18 AM)josemendez Wrote: Other than using the automatic force-based tearing (which doesn't allow you to choose which edges are torn, these are selected based on a force threshold) you can call the cloth's Tear(StructuralConstraint edge) method manually on edges of your choice, which makes the shape  of the torn area entirely up to you.

Note that after calling Tear() one or more times, you must call cloth.UpdateDeformableTriangles(); to update the cloth's visual representation.
  Hi,

I am facing the same issue. In my case, the meshes are set to triangles. After tearing, the edges are not smooth, like the pics posted in the previous block. Is this related to mesh setting? Will the performance be improved by setting meshes to quadrangle? If I use quadrangle meshes, should I add more constraints than the case of using triangle meshes? What else should I adapt?  Can you pls. give any suggestions?

thx.